Top rated criminal defense attorney in New York, New YorkMiedel & Mysliwiec LLP
Florian Miedel is a partner at Miedel & Mysliwiec LLP, located in New York, New York. Focusing his practice on criminal defense, he provides representation to clients throughout the state who have been accused of state or federal crimes, including white-collar offenses, kidnapping, murder, RICO violations, fraud and sexual offenses. Throughout his career, he has helped many clients achieve successful resolutions to their cases, with a high acquittal rate to those that have proceeded to verdict.
A 1989 recipient of a bachelor's degree from Dartmouth College, Mr. Miedel pursued his legal studies at New York University School of Law and was awarded a Juris Doctor in 1993. Following law school, he gained invaluable experience working as a staff attorney for the Neighborhood Defender Service of Harlem for three years. He then moved on to working as a staff attorney for the Office of the Appellate Defender for one year before assuming the role of legal director for The Bronx Defenders, a position he held for seven years. Mr. Miedel then served as an assistant federal defender with Federal Defenders of New York before entering private practice. Admitted to practice in New York, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit.
Highly regarded by his fellow professionals, Mr. Meidel has received a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo, and he has also been selected to be included in the list of The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100. A member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, he is also a member of the New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the New York State Defenders Association.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Criminal defense: white collar, Civil rights
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Sex offenses, Tax evasion, Theft, Criminal domestic violence, White collar crime, Criminal law - federal, Police misconduct
- 40% Criminal defense
- 40% Criminal defense: white collar
- 20% Civil rights
First Admitted: 1994
Professional Webpage: http://www.fmamlaw.com/Attorneys/Florian-Miedel.shtml
- "Increasing Awareness of Collateral Consequences Among Participants of the Criminal Justice System: Is Education Enough?"
- Adjunct Professor, Trial Advocacy, Seton Hall Law School, 2007 - 2009
- Instructor, National Legal Aid and Defender Association Annual Conference
- Instructor, New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Instructor, New York City Bar Association
- Instructor, Assigned Counsel Plan
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- Criminal Justice Act Panel, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York, Member
- New York Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- New York City Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- 18-b Homicide Panel, Bronx, New York, Member
- New York State Defenders Association, Member
- Dartmouth College, B.A., 1989
Office location for Florian Miedel
80 Broad Street
New York, NY 10004
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022
See legal Q & A provided by Florian Miedel
Q: What Should You Do If You Get A Grand Jury Subpoena in New York?A: A grand jury subpoena is used by prosecuting offices to obtain testimony or documents during the investigation of potential criminal conduct. Most … See all answers by Florian Miedel