Gail S. Kelner
Top rated personal injury attorney in New York, New YorkKelner & Kelner
Attorney Gail S. Kelner is known for her skilled and knowledgeable representation of the seriously injured. She continues to be a respected and sought-after voice in the field of personal injury law, and especially New York construction accident labor law. She is known for her expertise in interpreting New York’s labor law which provides protection to workers engaged in fields which include construction, demolition and cleaning.
Ms. Kelner has long advocated and represented injured construction workers. She has successfully obtained seven- and eight-figure recoveries for injured workers, including iron workers, electricians, laborers, plumbers, roofers, masons, carpenters, building superintendents, window cleaners and others. She obtained a $16.5 million settlement in a scaffold accident and $9 million for the death of a window cleaner who fell 13 stories to his death.
Ms. Kelner writes extensively on personal injury and labor law matters. She co-authors the New York Law Journal’s trial practice column with Robert S. Kelner. She has helped shape labor law and personal injury law, having argued numerous cases before the various Appellate Divisions and New York Court of Appeals.
A member of the New York County Lawyers Association, Ms. Kelner has lectured for various bar associations, including New York State Trial Lawyers Association and the New York State Bar Association as well as Appellate Division court attorneys. She is a graduate of New York University School of Law.
In addition to practicing in all New York state courts, Ms. Kelner is admitted before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York. She has extensive litigation experience at both the state and appellate levels.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Birth injury, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis, Informed consent, Motor vehicle defects, Medical devices, Pharmaceutical
First Admitted: 1974, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.kelnerlaw.com/attorney/gail-s-kelner/
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1974
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York , 1974
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1974
- New York, 1974
- New York Law Journal Columnist with Robert Kelner
- Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, B.A., Major: Political Science, 1970
Office location for Gail S. Kelner
250 Greenwich St
7 World Trade Center, Suite 2700
New York, NY 10007
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2022
Top listsTop 50: Women New York — Metro Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2017, 2019 - 2022
- Top 50: 2022 Women New York — Metro Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2021 Women New York — Metro Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2020 Women New York — Metro Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2019 Women New York — Metro Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2017 Women New York — Metro Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2016 Women New York — Metro Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2015 Women New York — Metro Super Lawyers