Top rated Products Liability attorney in New York, New YorkCertain & Zilberg, PLLC
Attorney Gary Certain is a partner and trial lawyer at the New York City law firm of Certain & Zilberg, PLLC. Mr. Certain is a seasoned litigator who focuses exclusively on representing serious injury products liability, personal injury and civil rights|police excessive force clients. Gary Certain and his firm represent clients throughout the New York metropolitan area who have experienced catastrophic or significant injuries, including bodily trauma, burn injuries, brain injuries or death as a result of the negligence or misconduct of others.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Certain has taken over one hundred cases to trial; prevailing in the vast majority of those cases. Mr. Certain has vigorously litigated numerous cases that have resulted in multiple seven, seven and high six-figure verdicts and settlements and has earned membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He has been named one of the “Top 100 Black Lawyers” by The National Black Lawyers and one of the “Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers” by The National Trial Lawyers.
Mr. Certain has also served as products liability committee chairperson of the New York State Bar Association's Trial Lawyer Section and is an active member of the Bronx County Bar Association, the Metropolitan Black Bar Association, The New York State Trial Lawyers Association and is a pro bono adviser for the civil rights organization known as the National Action Network.
Mr. Certain has been licensed to practice law in New York since 1994 and is also admitted by the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit. Gary Certain earned his law degree from Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, D.C. in 1993.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Products: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Assault, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Dram Shop Laws, Medical Devices, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Defects, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Pharmaceutical, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 50% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 50% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1994, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.certainlaw.com/attorneys/gary-certain/
- Niagara University, B.A., With Honors, 1988
- National Action Network – Pro Bono Advisor
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar, 1994
- New York State Bar Association Trial Lawyer Section – Products Liability Committee Chairperson
- Bronx County Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2014
- Metropolitan Black Bar Association
- Federal District Court NY Eastern & Southern Districts, 1997
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum – Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Top 1% Accident Lawyers Award
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers
- Avvo 10 out of 10 Superb Rating
- Super lawyers
- National Black Lawyers – Top 100 Black Lawyers
- 5 Star Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating
- $960,000 settlement reached in Brooklyn Supreme Court for a pedestrian struck by a squeegee dropped by a worker cleaning the windows of a Manhattan high-rise building. , 2019
Office location for Gary Certain
488 Madison Ave
New York, NY 10022
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2023