Henry L. Saurborn, Jr.
Top rated Employment Litigation attorney in New York, New YorkKaiser Saurborn & Mair, P.C.
Henry L. Saurborn is a shareholder in the law firm of Kaiser Saurborn & Mair, P.C. The firm is headquartered in Manhattan, New York, and has a satellite office in New Jersey. For more than 25 years, Mr. Saurborn has guided his domestic and international clients through a variety of complex disputes and litigation. During the past 10 years, however, he has focused his practice on handling employment disputes, such as those arising from the hiring, firing and compensation of employees. Additionally, Mr. Saurborn has developed a thorough understanding of the business and administrative side of the practice of medicine, including medical malpractice issues and physician credentialing, employment and disciplinary processes.
Mr. Saurborn graduated cum laude in 1986 from New York Law School where he was editor–in-chief of the New York Law School Journal of International and Comparative Law. He received his undergraduate degree with honors from Vanderbilt University in 1983. Mr. Saurborn is a member of the state bars of New York and New Jersey, the United States federal district courts of both states and the United States Courts of Appeal for the 2nd and 3rd Circuits.
Mr. Saurborn started his legal career serving as a full time judicial law clerk in the US District Court for the District of New Jersey and the US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. After finishing his clerkships, Mr. Saurborn joined a large international law firm well known for its litigation and business transactions practice. He then went on to practice at a smaller boutique litigation firm where he continued to broaden his knowledge and skills in business transactions, handling a variety of commercial law and real estate matters for corporations and institutional clients. Mr. Saurborn is widely respected for his achievements and has the excellent rating of BV-Distinguished* by Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV-Preeminent and BV-Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEmployment Litigation: Plaintiff, Business Litigation, Business/Corporate
Non-Compete Agreements, Retaliation, Trade Secret, Wrongful Termination
- 70% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 20% Business Litigation
- 10% Business/Corporate
First Admitted: 1987, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.ksmlaw.com/Attorneys/Henry-L-Saurborn-Jr.html
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., Cum Laude, Honors Program in Political Science, Phi Sigma Iota, Pi Sigma Alpha, 1983
- Law Journal: Editor-in-Chief, New York Law School Journal of International and Comparative Law, New York Law School, 1985 - 1986
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York, 1993
- Mediator, Supreme Court of New York, New York County, Commercial Division
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1987
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1987
- New York State Bar Association
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of Texas, 2017
- New Jersey, 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1993
- Secretary, Committee on Cooperative and Condominium Law, New York City Bar Association, 1996 - 1998
- Mediator, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- American Bar Association
- New York, 1987
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1991
- Cum Laude, New York Law School, 1986
- Excellent rating of BV-Distinguished* by Martindale-Hubbell
Office location for Henry L. Saurborn, Jr.
30 Broad Street, 37th floor
New York, NY 10004
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023