Innessa M. Huot
Top rated employment litigation attorney in New York, New YorkFaruqi & Faruqi, LLP
Innessa M. Huot is a Partner in the firm’s New York office and Chair of the firm’s Employment Practice Group.
Ms. Huot represents workers across the country in both individual and class action lawsuits. Ms. Huot has litigated cases in both federal and state courts, involving FLSA claims, state wage and hour violations, discrimination and harassment claims, retaliation matters, FMLA and ADA violations, breach of contract disputes, and other employment-related violations. Ms. Huot has served as lead or co-lead counsel in numerous cases filed against major businesses and corporations and has successfully recovered millions of dollars on behalf of her clients.
Serving as lead or co-lead counsel, some of Ms. Huot’s more recent non-confidential class action settlements include the following: Feliciano, et al. v. Metro. Transp. Auth., et al., No. 18-cv-00026-VSB (S.D.N.Y. Feb. 21, 2020) ($5.4 million settlement); Morell, et al. v. NYC Green Transp. Grp., LLC, et al., No. 1:18-cv-00918-PKC-VMS (E.D.N.Y. May 8, 2019) ($700,000 settlement, representing 100% of wage damages and an additional 75% of liquidated damages); Izzio, et al. v. Century Golf Partners Mgmt., L.P., 3:14-cv-03194-M (N.D. Tex. Feb. 13, 2019) ($1.425 million settlement); Reeves, et al. v. La Pecora Bianca, Inc, et al., No. 151153/2018 (N.Y. Sup. Ct.) ($462,500 settlement, representing 100% of economic damages); Run Them Sweet, LLC v. CPA Global LTD, et al., No. 1:16-cv-1347 (E.D. Va. Oct. 6, 2017) ($5.6 million settlement); Strong, et al. v. Safe Auto Ins. Grp., Inc., et al., Case No. 2:16-cv-765 (S.D. Ohio Aug. 28, 2017) ($250,000 settlement, representing 82% of unpaid overtime and statutory damages); and Foster, et al. v. L-3 Commc’ns EoTech, Inc., et al., No. 6:15-cv-03519-BCW (W.D. Mo. July 7, 2017) ($51 million settlement).
Ms. Huot has been designated a “Super Lawyer” each year since 2017 and has been selected for inclusion into the America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators list. Ms. Huot is active in multiple bar associations, including the Brooklyn Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Section, American Bar Association’s Section of Labor and Employment, and the National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA).
Ms. Huot earned her J.D., magna cum laude, from Pace Law School and her M.B.A. in Finance, summa cum laude, from Pace Lubin School of Business. Ms. Huot graduated from Syracuse University with a B.A., summa cum laude, in Political Science and International Relations.
Ms. Huot is licensed to practice law in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut and is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Southern District, Eastern District, Western District, and Northern District of New York, the District of New Jersey, and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.
Practice areasEmployment litigation: plaintiff, Employment & labor: employee, Civil rights, Class action/mass torts: plaintiff, Employee benefits
Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Employment law - employer, Employment law - employee, Unions, Wage & hour laws, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment, Labor law, Americans with disabilities act, Police misconduct, Race discrimination, Disability, Discrimination, Native peoples law, Class actions, Asbestos, Toxic torts
- 40% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 30% Employment & labor: employee
- 10% Civil rights
- 10% Class action/mass torts: plaintiff
- 10% Employee benefits
First Admitted: 2012, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.faruqilaw.com/attorney/24/innessa-m-huot
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- Member, National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- Elizabeth Haub Law School at Pace University, J.D. Honors: magna cum laude, 2011
- Pace Lubin School of Business, M.B.A., Honors: summa cum laude, Majors: Finance, 2011
- Syracuse University, B.A., Honors: summa cum laude, Majors: Political Science and International Relations, 2007
Office location for Innessa M. Huot
685 Third Ave.
New York, NY 10017
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2022