Ira M. Perlman
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in New York, NY
- Free Consultation
Ira M. Perlman is the founding member of the Law Offices of Ira M. Perlman, P.C. & Robert D. Rosen, P.C., which has offices located in Manhattan and Great Neck, Long Island.
A top-rated personal injury and medical malpractice trial attorney with more than 35 years of total legal experience, Mr. Perlman provides unmatched representation and support to clients throughout the New York City metropolitan area, who have suffered significant and serious injuries as a result of someone else's wrongdoing or negligence.
As an attorney, Mr. Perlman believes that his clients' voices and circumstances need to be heard and understood in the wake of a preventable accident or tragedy. He has gained a reputation for relentlessly fighting hard to protect the rights and entitlements of those he serves in order to help them obtain whatever monies and other damages are necessary to make his clients and their families whole again under our laws and judicial system. This means recovering the maximum amount of compensation for any injuries, lost income, pain, suffering and loss of enjoyment in pursuing activities of daily living suffered by a client or any pecuniary losses for families who have suffered a tragic loss of a loved one.
Mr. Perlman was born into the real world of law as he is a third generation trial attorney in his family preceded by his father and grandfather who were both successful and renowned trial attorneys in the metropolitan area. Mr. Perlman stepped foot into a courtroom very shortly after being admitted to the Bar to try his first case over 35 years ago and he has never looked back since. He has worked tirelessly many a night and weekend to deliver full and fair justice on behalf of his clients by maximizing their recoveries and doing so with the utmost compassion and respect. If that means going to trial because his adversary or an insurance company doesn’t want to reasonably or fairly evaluate his client’s case, then so be it. He is personally involved in every case taken on by the office and he doesn’t believe in delegating important tasks such as depositions, hearings and trials to other lawyers who are unfamiliar with the case In this regard, he and his partner are constantly strategizing over every detail of a client’s case so that at the end of the day he knows he did what was needed to be done and what was right. Mr. Perlman’s persistent approach and the personal attention he provides have gained him a reputation throughout the years for delivering superior results to those he serves.
From his efforts, Mr. Perlman has secured numerous substantial settlements and verdicts for his plaintiff clients who have all been unfortunate victims of negligence or malpractice. Whether it was the recent $2.5 million settlement after years of hard fought litigation to get to the truth involving the wrongful death of a motorcyclist caused by an improperly designed intersection, the $ 2.1 million recovered for a construction worker injured due to unsafe labor/jobsite practices or the $1.3 million settlement for the wrongful death of a patient who didn’t receive proper medical care post-surgery, Mr Perlman continues to fight the fight. He has many other substantial settlement and verdict awards including those in excess of a million dollars for clients that have been injured in car accidents, construction accidents, mass transit accidents, building premises accidents, sidewalk accidents, school accidents and/or victims of medical malpractice.
Recognized as one of New York’s top attorneys, Mr. Perlman has been selected to the Super Lawyers list in 2020. He has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers, including recognition as a Top 100 Trial Lawyers from the National Trial Lawyers. He is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He has also been recognized multiple times by Top New York Verdict publications for his verdicts and settlements. He is also an active member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association for Justice and the Nassau County Bar Association.
Mr. Perlman graduated from Syracuse University, cum laude, in 1981. Thereafter, he attended Brooklyn Law School graduating in 1984. He was admitted to practice law in the State of New York as well as the State of New Jersey in 1985. He is also duly admitted and qualified to practice in the United States District Courts of the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York.
If you or a loved one has become the unfortunate victim of an accident, negligence, other wrongdoing or any type of malpractice committed by another, contact Ira M. Perlman today for a free and confidential consultation.
- 60%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10%Professional Liability: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Dental Malpractice, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Informed Consent, Legal Malpractice, Professional Malpractice - Other
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
About Ira M. Perlman
First Admitted: 1985, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.lawyerhelp1.com/attorney/ira-m-perlman/
- $700,000 settlement – Van Accident
- $425,000 settlement- Slip & Fall Accident
- $2,500,000 settlement- Motorcycle Accident
- $927,000 jury verdict- Sidewalk Accident
- $500,000 settlement- Vs. New York City Authority
- $650,000 settlement – Sidewalk Accident
- $240,000 settlement- Sidewalk Accident
- $240,000 settlement- Retail Store Slip & Fall Accident
- $320,000 settlement – Trip & Fall Accident
- $3,000,000 - SETTLEMENT TRANSIT AUTHORITY NEGLIGENCE - MAN STRUCK BY TRAIN
- $2,000,000- VERDICT COMPANY NEGLIGENCE - LOSS OF EYESIGHT IN ONE EYE
- $1,325,000 - SETTLEMENT MOTOR VEHICLE NEGLIGENCE - PEDESTRIAN STRUCK BY VEHICLE
- $750,000.00-$1,300,000 - SETTLEMENT MEDICAL MALPRAACTICE WROGFUL DEATH-MEDICAL MALPRACTICE - FAILURE TO DIAGNOSE
- $1,028,000 - VERDICT MOTOR VEHICLE NEGLIGENCE - PEDESTRIAN STRUCK BY VEHICLE
- $1,000,000 - SETTLEMENT LANDLORD NEGLIGENCE - LACK OF PROPER BUILDING SECURITY RESULTING IN ASSAULT
- $450,000 - VERDICT PODIATRIC MALPRACTICE - IMPROPER TREATMENT RESULTING IN LOSS OF TOE
- $1,250,000 - SETTLEMENT THEATRE OWNER NEGLIGENCE - PATRON SHOT OUTSIDE OF THEATRE
- $450,000 - SETTLEMENT MOTOR VEHICLE NEGLIGENCE - ANKLE FRACTURE SUSTAINED IN MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT
- $1,715,000 - VERDICT CITY OF NEW YORK NEGLIGENCE - SANITATION WORKER INJURED DUE TO SLIP AND FALL
- $859,000 - VERDICT CONSTRUCTION/LABOR LAW NEGLIGENCE - FALL FROM ELEVATED HEIGHT RESULTING IN FOOT INJURIES
- $750,000 - SETTLEMENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE - FAILURE TO TIMELY DIAGNOSE RARE ILLNESS
- $250,000 - SETTLEMENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE - FAILURE TO TIMELY DIAGNOSE APPENDICITIS
- $700,000 - SETTLEMENT PROPERTY OWNER NEGLIGENCE
- $250,000 - SETTLEMENT LEGAL MALPRACTICE - ATTORNEY FAILED TO TIMELY PROCEED
- $200,000 - SETTLEMENT LEGAL MALPRACTICE - ATTORNEY FAILS TO PROPERLY REPRESENT NEW HOME BUYER
- $500,000 - SETTLEMENT CITY OF NEW YORK DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION NEGLIGENCE - FAILURE TO SUPERVISE RESULTING IN SHOOTING
- $375,000 - SETTLEMENT MOTOR VEHICLE NEGLIGENCE - PEDESTRIAN STRUCK BY VEHICLE SUSTAINING FRACTURE TO ANKLE
- $400,000 - SETTLEMENT MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT - FOOT INJURY AND NERVE DAMAGE
- $640,000 - SETTLEMENT LANDLORD/BUILDING OWNER NEGLIGENCE - ELEVATOR ACCIDENT RESULTING IN BACK INJURIES
- $350,000 - VERDICT CITY OF NEW YORK DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION NEGLIGENCE - FAILURE TO SUPERVISE RESULTING IN JAW FRACTURE
- $750,000 - VERDICT DENTAL MALPRACTICE - IMPROPER TOOTH EXTRACTION RESULTING IN INJURY
- $400,000 - SETTLEMENT DOG OWNER NEGLIGENCE - ATTACK BY DOG RESULTING IN SCALP LACERATIONS
- $525,000 - SETTLEMENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE - HOSPITAL NEGLIGENCE RESULTING IN BED SORES/DECUBITUS ULCERS
- $250,000 - SETTLEMENT PODIATRIC MALPRACTICE - IMPROPER FOOT TREATMENT
- $800,000 - SETTLEMENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE - FAILURE TO TIMELY DIAGNOSE BLOOD DISORDER
- $225,000 - SETTLEMENT NURSING HOME NEGLIGENCE - FAILURE TO TIMELY ATTEND TO PATIENT RESULTING IN INJURY
- $750,000 - SETTLEMENT LABOR LAW/CONSTRUCTION NEGLIGENCE - ELEVATED FALL FROM HEIGHT RESULTING IN MULTIPLE FOOT INJURIES
- $450,000 - VERDICT MOTOR VEHICLE NEGLIGENCE - BICYCLIST STRUCK BY VEHICLE RESULTING IN SHOULDER INJURIES
- $200,000 - VERDICT LANDLORD NEGLIGENCE - FALL ON DRIVEWAY RESULTING IN HAND INJURIES
- $267,000 - SETTLEMENT LANDLORD/BUILDING OWNER NEGLIGENCE - FALL ON DEFECTIVE STEPS RESULTING IN ANKLE INJURIES
- $525,000 - SETTLEMENT MOTOR VEHICLE NEGLIGENCE - PEDESTRIAN STRUCK BY VEHICLE RESULTING IN HIP INJURIES
- $250,000 - VERDICT DOG OWNER NEGLIGENCE - ATTACK BY DOG RESULTING IN LEG INJURIES
- $910,000 - SETTLEMENT MOTOR VEHICLE NEGLIGENCE - PEDESTRIAN STRUCK BY VEHICLE RESULTING IN WRONGFUL DEATH
- $350,000 - SETTLEMENT FISHING BOAT OPERATOR NEGLIGENCE - PATRON ON BOARD STRUCK IN EYE RESULTING IN INJURIES
- $325,000 - SETTLEMENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE - FAILURE TO DIAGNOSIS BLOOD DISORDER
- $440,000 - settlement for client who sustained an ankle fracture while getting into a tow truck which had a deficient grab handle.
- $1,400,000 settlement for our client, a construction laborer, who sustained neck, shoulder and thoracic injuries at a new building construction site where he was struck by a heavy bucket filled with debris which was not being hoisted properly due to a failure to provide proper and safe hoisting devices at the construction site.
- $1,300,000 settlement on behalf of the family of the decedent in a medical malpractice case during mediation where a hospital and treating orthopedist failed to apprise the decedent of a continuing order requiring post-surgical anti-coagulation prophylactic medication in order to prevent blood clots. Unfortunately, the decedent collapsed and died at home from a pulmonary embolism where blood clots prevented blood flow weeks after discharge from the hospital where decedent had no idea he required the medication.
- $2,100,000 settlement in a construction accident case where our client was injured while unloading a steel beam from an A-frame cart he was compelled to use where the building owner and construction manager failed to provide suitable and necessary safety devices and equipment to transport heavy construction materials.
- 2020 active member of New York State Trial Lawyers Association, American Association for Justice, Nassau County Bar Association and The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Graduated Syracuse University cum laude 1981
Last Updated: 5/15/2022