Jacob "Jack" Shakarchy
Top rated Real Estate attorney in New York, New YorkCox Padmore Skolnik & Shakarchy LLP
Jacob Shakarchy is a managing partner at Cox Padmore Skolnik & Shakarchy LLP. The law firm has offices in New York City and Great Neck, New York; Hackensack, New Jersey; and Denver, Colorado. Mr. Shakarchy is a corporate law attorney representing clients throughout the state of New York with various legal issues related to business transactions and investments. He also assists international clients. He works out of the New York City office and focuses his legal practice on the following areas:
· Real estate
· Estate planning
· Commercial and corporate law
· Insurance law
· Individual tax planning
Graduating summa cum laude from the American University with a bachelor’s degree in international relations and affairs, Mr. Shakarchy enrolled at the Georgetown University Law Center to pursue his legal education. He received his Juris Doctor degree in 1979 and went on to study at the New York University School of Law, earning a master’s degree in taxation in 1981. During that same year, the New York State Bar Association authorized him to practice law in New York.
In addition to French, Mr. Shakarchy is also fluent in Arabic and Persian. Born and raised in Tehran, Iran, he has a multicultural background that enables him to be more empathetic with his clients. His practice aims to provide optimized legal services for entrepreneurs, which involves counseling clients on various aspects of their businesses. He has represented many clients in multimillion-dollar cases involving real estate acquisition and mortgage refinancing. He has also been endorsed by many of his peers for his professionalism and admirable legal skills.
With more than 40 years of legal experience, Mr. Shakarchy is an active member of the New York State Bar Association and the American Bar Association. Moreover, he participates in various community activities; he is a member of the Babylonian Jewish Center in Great Neck, New York, and the American Sephardi Federation. He is also part of the board of trustees for the Paras Jewish Organization.
Practice areasReal Estate: Business, Business/Corporate, Estate Planning & Probate, Business Litigation
Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Non-Compete Agreements, Partnership, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Trade Secret
- 40% Real Estate: Business
- 30% Business/Corporate
- 20% Estate Planning & Probate
- 10% Business Litigation
First Admitted: 1981, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.cpsslaw.com/attorney/jacob-s-shakarchy/
- Real Estate Broker, State of New York
- Babylonian Jewish Center, Great Neck; American Sephardic Foundation, Board of Trustees Paras Jewish Organization
- 1. Represented clients in the refinance of real estate in New York City totaling over $420,000,000.00 in 2019-2022. 2. Represented clients in the acquisition of real estate in New York City totaling over $250,000,000.00 in 2019 through 2022. 3. Negotiated a settlement relating to the termination of a 49 year land lease resulting in our client's obtaining value in excess of $20,000,000.00 in 2022. 4. Negotiated a settlement between siblings and parents relating to real estate holdings avoiding multi-million dollar judgements for our client in 2021.
- I obtained a BS from American University (School of International Service) summa cum Laude , 1976
- LLM Master in Taxation New York University , 1981
- NY STATE BAR ASSOCIATION , 1982
- and Jewelry Wholesale Clients
- Real Estate Construction
- Real Estate Transactional
Office location for Jacob "Jack" Shakarchy
630 3rd Avenue
New York, NY 10017
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023