James H. Rowland
Top rated construction litigation attorney in New York, New YorkZetlin & De Chiara LLP
A partner at Zetlin & De Chiara LLP, James H. Rowland is a construction lawyer with more than two decades of litigation experience, and he represents clients in New York, New York, and the surrounding areas. Throughout his career, he has earned the knowledge and insight that comes from working with the following industries: residential, mixed-use, hospitality, education, commercial and aviation.
The Queens Centers for Progress gave Mr. Rowland the Business Leadership Award. He has represented professionals during administrative hearings before the New York City Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings, the New York City Fire Department, and the New York City Department of Buildings. Admitted to practice in the state of New York, he is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York and the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
After graduating from New York University with a Bachelor of Arts, Mr. Rowland attended Fordham University School of Law, where he earned his Juris Doctor. He is currently a member of the Structural Engineers Association of New York, the New York City Society of American Registered Architects, the New York City Bar Association, the Staten Island American Institute of Architects and the American Bar Association.
Mr. Rowland’s practice area includes the following: risk management, insurance issues, professional licensing, business-related advising and drafting contracts. During the construction process, he represents construction managers, developers, owners, contractors, engineers and architects. In both government and private investigations, he has represented design professionals.
Practice areasConstruction litigation: business, Business/corporate, Insurance coverage
Construction defects, Business organizations, Insurance
- 40% Construction litigation: business
- 30% Business/corporate
- 30% Insurance coverage
First Admitted: 1997, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.zdlaw.com/professionals-james-h-rowland
- Super Lawyers
- Business Leadership Award, Queens Centers for Progress, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Society of American Registered Architects - General Counsel (New York City Chapter)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York
- The American Bar Association
- Structural Engineers Association of New York
- American Institute of Architects, Staten Island - General Counsel
- The New York City Bar Association
- New York University, B.A.
- Featured, As Famous Churches Seek to Sell Air Rights, the City Demands Its Cut, Bisnow, 2016
- Presenter, Construction Administration From Negotiation to Project Completion, Society of American Registered Architects (SARA) National Conference, 2013
- Author, Design Professional Good Samaritans Face Rough Road in New York, Zetlin & De Chiara LLP News bulletin, 2013
- Real Estate
Office location for James H. Rowland
801 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10017
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2016, 2019 - 2022