Jason E. Zakai
Top rated business litigation attorney in New York, New YorkHiller, PC
A partner at Hiller, PC, located in New York, New York, Jason E. Zakai focuses his practice on business litigation, land use and zoning, commercial litigation, employment law and tort claims. He provides knowledgeable counsel to individuals, nonprofit organizations and businesses throughout the New York metro area.
After graduating cum laude from the University of Delaware with a bachelor’s degree in international relations and a minor in Spanish and history in 2005, Mr. Zakai earned his Juris Doctor magna cum laude in 2008 from the Brooklyn Law School, where he served as the executive articles editor of the Brooklyn Law Review.
While in law school, Mr. Zakai was a dean’s list scholar and a recipient of the CALI Excellence for the Future Awards for legal writing and criminal procedure. He interned for a renowned judge at the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York’s Criminal Division and was a part of Brooklyn Law School’s Criminal Appeals Clinic. He was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and the chapter president of Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity.
An active member of the New York City Bar Association, Mr. Zakai is licensed to practice in the states of New York (2009) and New Jersey (2020) and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Over his career spanning 13 years, Mr. Zakai has been a zealous and aggressive advocate for the rights and liberties of his clients. He keeps communication open with his clients at all times, keeping them informed throughout the entirety of their case. With an unwavering commitment to their needs, he upholds their interests and handles cases efficiently and cost-effectively.
Before partnering with Hiller, PC, Mr. Zakai worked at an esteemed New York law firm for seven-plus years and gained extensive experience in areas including securities litigation, white collar crimes, corporate compliance, bankruptcy, employment law and product liability.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Land use/zoning, Class action/mass torts: plaintiff, Employment & labor: employee
Toxic torts, Employment law - employee
- 60% Business litigation
- 20% Land use/zoning
- 10% Class action/mass torts: plaintiff
- 10% Employment & labor: employee
First Admitted: 2009
Professional Webpage: http://www.hillerpc.com/our-team/jason-e-zakai/
- University of Delaware, B.A. in International Relations and Minors in Spanish and History, Honors: Phi Beta Kappa, Dean’s List, Honors Program Scholar, Writing Fellow, cum laude, 2005
- Brooklyn Law Review, Executive Articles Editor
- Published Note: You Say Yes, But Can I Say No? The Future of Third-Party Consent Searches After Georgia v. Randolph, 73 BROOK L. REV. 421 (2007)
- Mentoring Program at Ronald H. Brown Prep Program for College Students, Mentor, May 2015 - Jul 2015
- Criminal Appeals Clinic, New York District Attorney’s Office, Sept. 2007-Jan. 2008
- Dean’s Recognition Scholar, Dean’s List
- Rising Star, 2017-2019
- Super Lawyer, 2022
- Recipient, CALI Excellence for the Future Awards for Legal Writing I, Criminal Procedure I
- Recipient, Robert A. Morse Commencement Award for Criminal Procedure
- New York, 2009
- Eastern District of New York, 2009
- Southern District of New York, 2009
- U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals, 2014
- New Jersey, 2020
- New York City Bar Association, New York City Affairs Committee Member, 2019-Present
Office location for Jason E. Zakai
641 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10022
- Super Lawyers: 2022
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2019