Jeff S. Korek
Top rated personal injury attorney in New York, New YorkGersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C.
Jeff S. Korek joined Gersowitz, Libo and Korek, P.C. in 1992 as partner and senior trial attorney representing victims of medical malpractice and construction accidents. Known for his meticulous preparation and dedication to his clients, he has obtained substantial verdicts.
In 2020, Jeff was named Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year” for Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs in the New York City area. In 2016 he was also named Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year” for Personal Injury Litigation in New York City. In 2018, the Litigation Counsel of America inducted him into the Trial Lawyers Honorary Society. Since 2006, Jeff has been recognized in both Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers for personal injury and medical malpractice.
In 2018, Jeff participated in a panel discussion with other attorneys on the subject of medical malpractice at the NY State Judicial Institute, which provides statewide education and training for the more than 1,500 judges and justices of the New York State Unified Court System.
In June of 2020, the Insurance Law Section of the American Association for Justice formed a new COVID-19 Business Interruption Litigation Taskforce. Jeff was appointed Chair for the State of New York and New Jersey.
Jeff is a Past President and current Board Member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and a Past President of the New York City Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates. He is a frequent lecturer at the New York State Trial Lawyers Institute, the New York State Bar Association and Fordham University School of Law on subjects of Trial Practice, Medical Malpractice and Construction Injuries. He is regularly published in the New York Law Journal.
Since 1999, Jeff has been appointed by four consecutive presiding Justices of the New York State Appellate Division, Second Department, to its Committees on Character and Fitness.
Jeff has been admitted to the Bar in all Courts of the State of New York and New Jersey as well as the Eastern and Southern Districts of the Federal Court of New York and the Federal Court of New Jersey. In 2013, he was admitted to the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Medical malpractice, Birth injury
- 40% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 40% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 20% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1986, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.lawyertime.com/jeff-s-korek/
- Best Lawyers as the 2020 “Lawyer of the Year” for Medical Malpractice Law
- Inducted into the Hofstra University, Maurice A. Deane School of Law's Hall of Fame., Hofstra University, 2022
- Super Lawyers, 2006 - Present
- Best Lawyers, 2006 - Present
- Appointed to the Committee on Character and Fitness by the past four Presiding Justices of the Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Second Judicial Department
- Television Commentator, Court Television Network
- Instructor, National Institute of Trial Advocacy
- Regular Instructor and Guest Lecturer, New York State Trial Lawyers Institute
- State University of New York, Binghamton, NY, B.A.
- New Jersey, 1986
- Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States, 2013
- Federal Court of New Jersey, 1986
- Eastern and Southern Districts of the Federal Court of New York, 1986
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- State of New York
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Roscoe Pound Foundation
- Product Liability Committee, Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Former Member
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- New York City Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA): Member (Current), President (2006), Vice President (2005)
- Kings County Lawyers Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association (NYSTLA): Board of Directors (Current), President (2007-2008), President Elect (2006), First Vice President (2005), Treasurer (2004), Deputy Treasurer (2003), Parliamentarian (2002)
- Admitted: U.S. Supreme Court (2013), State of New York (1986), State of New Jersey (1986), U.S. District Courts Southern District of New York (1986), U.S. District Courts Eastern District of New York (1986)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York County Lawyers Association
- Leaders Forum, American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Best Lawyers Advisory Board, 2012 - Present
- Hoops 4 Hope Board member., 2008
- The Gardiner Foundation
Office location for Jeff S. Korek
New York, NY 10006