Jeffrey T. Yick
Top rated real estate attorney in New York, New YorkTuttle Yick LLP
As a founding partner at Tuttle Yick LLP, Jeffrey T. Yick provides dedicated legal representation to clients in New York and New Jersey. He also handles some nationwide matters. Mr. Yick focuses his practice on development and construction, including acquisitions, sales, financing, leasing, preparation and negotiation of construction contracts, risk management, project management, and litigation.
After graduating cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts from Skidmore College, Mr. Yick attended The George Washington University Law School and earned a Juris Doctor.
Over the years, Mr. Yick has represented a range of clients, including architects, construction managers, contractors, developers, engineers, interior designers, owners and other major commercial corporations. His notable successes include defending a home improvement contractor against a construction defect claim and obtaining a $1 million jury verdict in a counterclaim for unpaid fees. Mr. Yick also handled a $20 million complex nursing home construction action, representing a national engineering firm.
Mr. Yick's commitment to maintaining high legal standards while providing quality representation has gained him the respect of his clients and peers. This helped him earn the highest possible rating of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Staying active in the legal community, Mr. Yick is a member of the New York State Bar Association. He is admitted to practice law in New York and New Jersey, as well as before the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York and the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasReal estate: business, Construction litigation: business, Business/corporate
Construction defects, Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter s corporations, Contracts, Business organizations
- 50% Real estate: business
- 40% Construction litigation: business
- 10% Business/corporate
First Admitted: 2003, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.tuttleyick.com/people/jeffrey-t-yick/
- Pennsylvania Bar
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association (Real Estate Construction Committee)
- New Jersey State Bar
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- New York State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Skidmore College, B.A., cum laude
- CDJ Builders Corp. v. Hudson Group Const. Corp., 67 A.D.3d 720, 889 N.Y.S.2d 64 (2d Dep't 2009)
- Gal-Ed v. 153rd Street Associates, LLC, 73 A.D.3d 438, 901 N.Y.S.2d 592 (1st Dep't 2010)
- Nassau County v. Richard Dattner Architect, P.C., 13 Misc.3d 1206(A), 824 N.Y.S.2d 756 (Sup. Ct. NY County 2006)
- Fetisov v. AY Builders, Inc., 2011 WL 6009971 (E.D.N.Y. 2011), aff'd, 2012 WL 213770 (E.D.N.Y. 2012)
- NYP Holdings, Inc. v. McClier Corp., 2009 N.Y. Slip Op. 04963, 2009 N.Y. App. Div. LEXIS 4877 (June 16, 2009 1st Dep't)
- Author, New York Invests in Design-Build, AIA Brooklyn Chapter Pylon Newsletter, 2012
- Author, Court rejects economic loss rule in condo development case, Real Estate Weekly, 2013
- Author, No duty to mitigate damages for residential landlords in NYC, Real Estate Weekly, 2014
- "Indemnification Agreements," AIANY/ACECNY Special Advisory Committee Meeting, November 2006
- "Attorney-Client Privilege and In-House Counsel," American Council of Engineering Companies Annual Convention & Legislative Summit, May 2006
- Top Rated Lawyer in Construction Law by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell, 2013
- Rising Star in Construction Litigation by SuperLawyers, 2013 through 2015
- AV-rated, Martindale Hubbell
Office location for Jeffrey T. Yick
352 7th Ave
New York, NY 10001
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2018