Jessica L. Rothman
Top rated Construction Litigation attorney in New York, New YorkRobinson & Cole LLP
An attorney practicing law in the state of New York since the early 2000s, Jessica L. Rothman is a partner at Ingram Yuzek Gainen Carroll & Bertolotti, LLP, located in the heart of the city of New York. Focusing her practice on commercial and construction litigation, she extends her service to contractors, designers, developers, architects and owners across the state who are facing performance disputes such as breach of contract, building defect claims, negligence and mechanic’s lien.
Ms. Rothman was authorized by the New York State Bar Association to practice law in the state after she obtained her Juris Doctor from St. John’s University School of Law in 2000. Before that, she received her bachelor’s degree in English from Washington University in St. Louis.
Throughout her 22 years of law practice, Ms. Rothman has established a reputation for being an accessible attorney to her clients. She understands that litigation can be a quite time-consuming and costly process, and not all cases need to be resolved in court. Thereby, keeping her clients’ best interests in mind, she quite often resorts to several other quick and cost-effective alternative dispute resolution methods such as arbitration and mediation.
From representing an international self-storage facility firm in a breach of contract and zoning application process to defending a local architecture firm against claims by a school district regarding construction delays, Ms. Rothman's extensive experience and in-depth knowledge enable her to counsel her clients effectively, even in cases involving complex matters.
Ms. Rothman shares her knowledge and experience with the public and legal community by engaging in conferences and seminars and has also published a few articles.
Practice areasConstruction Litigation: Business
- 100% Construction Litigation: Business
First Admitted: 2001, New York
- "A Practical, Non-Textbook Guide to Contractual Negotiations", The Center for Architecture (AIANY)
- Jessica Rothman Speaks at Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Forum, 2022 Commercial Observer Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Forum
- Design & Construction Conference Closing Keynote: Jessica Rothman & Julissa Gutierrez, 2022 Commercial Observer Design & Construction Conference
- Jessica Rothman to Chair Peer-to-Peer Development Leaders Roundtable, 6th Annual New York Construction & Development Forum
- Courts Limit Personal Liability of Sponsor/Developer Entity Principals, New York Real Estate Journal
- Playing Nice with the Neighbors: Dealing with Adjoining Properties during Construction, Anchin's Construction & Development Forum
- B.A., Washington University
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- New York State Bar
Office location for Jessica L. Rothman
666 Third Ave
New York, NY 10017
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023