John D. Singer
Top rated Employment Litigation attorney in New York, New YorkSinger Deutsch LLP
Practice Areas: Employment Litigation, Employment & Labor, Securities & Corporate Finance; view more
Licensed in New York since: 1993
Education: Georgetown University Law Center
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
Singer Deutsch LLP1 Penn Plaza
New York, NY 10119 Visit website
A partner at the law firm Singer Deutsch LLP headquartered in New York, with offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco, attorney John D. Singer co-established the firm and provides legal representation to the people of New York. Admitted to the New York Bar in 1993, he has been demonstrating professional excellence in his career, for which he is rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell. He concentrates on resolving legal matters associated with:
- Wrongful termination
- Enforcement proceedings
- Securities and commodities
- Workplace discrimination
- Constructive dismissal
- Bonus dispute
Mr. Singer graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in international relations with a concentration in American/Soviet studies from Tufts University in 1989. Soon after, he enrolled in the Georgetown University Law Center and secured his Juris Doctor in 1992. As a law student, he was an active participant in various clubs in college and also the associate editor of the Law and Policy in International Business journal.
With nearly three decades of law practice, Mr. Singer is admitted to appear before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York and in California. Before co-founding Singer Deutsch LLP, he worked for over 10 years at various prominent firms in New York and California, gaining experience exclusively focusing on security, commodity and employment matters. He represents high-profile clients including Wall Street traders, investment bankers, hedge fund executives, wealth managers and wholesalers, as well as artists and other influential people.
Mr. Singer has a proven track record for efficiently helping employees in their fight against former/current employers on matters related to sexual abuse, slander/libel, U-5 defamation and compensation denial. He settles matters out-of-court by efficient mediation or arbitration between involved parties and has secured substantial amounts as settlements on behalf of his clients. He was a former mediator at the Los Angeles Superior Court and the Commercial Division of the New York Supreme Court, and an arbitrator of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
The quality of Mr. Singer’s professional and personalized service is validated by the numerous positive reviews from his satisfied clients. He is a member of the Labor and Employment Section of The State Bar of California and a former panel member on the National Association of Independent Broker/Dealers Forum for Arbitration and Mediation. Apart from this, he is frequently featured on national television channels such as CNBC, CNN and Fox Business, discussing relevant topics related to his legal area of expertise.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEmployment Litigation: Plaintiff, Employment & Labor: Employee, Securities & Corporate Finance
Employment Discrimination, Employment Law - Employee, Securities Law, Sexual Harassment
- 80% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10% Employment & Labor: Employee
- 10% Securities & Corporate Finance
First Admitted: 1993, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.singerdeutsch.com/john-d-singer-new-york-attorne...
- "New York Super Lawyer" 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022
- "Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating"
- "Securities Lawyering: The Next Growth Industry", Registered Representative Magazine, July, 2002
- "A Self-Protection Program for Brokers", Registered Representative Magazine, May, 1999
- Formerly a Mediator, Los Angeles Superior Court
- Mediator, New York Supreme Court, Commercial Division
- Arbitrator, FINRA
- London School of Economics Institute of Political and Economic Studies,1988; Honors: Highest Honors.
- Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts,1989, B.A.; Honors: Magna Cum Laude; Major: International Relations.
- Georgetown University Law Center: 1992, J.D., Associated Editor, Law and Policy in International Business Law Review.
- California, 2002
- Member of the Labor & Employment Section of the State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1994
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1994
- New York, 1993
- Securities Industry Association, Member, Legal and Compliance Division
Office location for John D. Singer
1 Penn Plaza
New York, NY 10119
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2023