John D. Singer
Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney in New York, NY
John D. Singer is an employment and securities litigator. Within Mr. Singer's broad practice, he concentrates on representing employees against investment banks and hedge funds. Prior to co-founding Singer Deutsch in 2003, Mr. Singer was a litigator at Proskauer Rose in both New York and Los Angeles (1996-2002) and at Rosenman & Colin (now Katten Muchin Rosenman) (1992-1996). Mr. Singer received his B.A., magna cum laude, from Tufts University, and he received his J.D. from the Georgetown University Law Center, where he was an Associate Editor of Law and Policy in International Business Law Review. Mr. Singer, a FINRA Arbitrator and Court Mediator, is a regular legal commentator on CNBC, Fox, CNN, and Yahoo! Finance.
Areas of Practice: Securities and Commodities Arbitration, Securities and Commodities Litigation, Securities and Commodities Mediation, Securities and Commodities Regulation, Securities Class Actions, Enforcement Proceedings, NYSE Member Disputes, Employment Disputes
About John D. Singer
First Admitted: 1993
Professional Webpage: http://www.singerdeutsch.com/attorneys/john-d-singer-new-yor...
- Georgetown University Law Center: 1992, J.D., Associated Editor, Law and Policy in International Business Law Review.
- Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, 1989, B.A.; Honors: Magna Cum Laude; Major: International Relations.
- London School of Economics Institute of Political and Economic Studies, 1988; Honors: Highest Honors.
- Securities Industry Association, Member, Legal and Compliance Division
- Bar Admissions: New York, 1993; California, 2002; U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1994; U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1994
- "A Self-Protection Program for Brokers", Registered Representative Magazine, May, 1999
- "Securities Lawyering: The Next Growth Industry", Registered
- Arbitrator, FINRA
- Mediator, New York Supreme Court, Commercial Division
Last Updated: 1/16/2019