John P. Buza
Top rated criminal defense attorney in New York, New YorkKonta, Georges & Buza P.C.
John P. Buza is a founding and senior partner at Manhattan based Konta, Georges & Buza, P.C.
Mr. Buza’s practice focuses on criminal defense law, including Federal and white collar criminal defense, and represents clients throughout the New York metropolitan area who are facing felony and lesser charges.
Mr. Buza has experience with matters involving assault, battery, domestic violence, drug and alcohol violations, drug crimes, DUI/DWI, expungement, failure to pay child support, false accusations, fraud, juvenile delinquency, murder, overdrawn bank accounts, sex crimes, and tax evasion and theft. He also handles civil rights cases involving excessive force, false arrest, malicious prosecution, police brutality and wrongful conviction.
Additionally, Mr. Buza handles all aspects of the criminal process, from arrest and arraignment to working with parole and probation officers. He has been a licensed attorney since 2009 and has handled thousands of cases in state and federal courts over the course of his career. He is admitted in New York and New Jersey as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Recognized as one of New York’s top criminal defense attorneys, Mr. Buza has been selected to the Super Lawyers list each year since 2018.
Mr. Buza is a dedicated advocate and committed to providing personalized service and fighting for the rights of his clients. Before becoming a criminal defense attorney, he served as a prosecutor in the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office. This experience provided him with exceptional knowledge in terms of prosecutors’ methods.
Active in the legal community, Mr. Buza is a member of the New York City Bar Association and the New York County Lawyers Association. He earned a bachelor’s degree from Stony Brook University and received his law degree from New York Law School.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Criminal defense: white collar, Civil rights, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Debt, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, Failure to pay child support, False accusations, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Murder, Overdrawn bank account, Parole, Probation, Prosecution, Sex offenses, Tax evasion, Theft, Criminal domestic violence, White collar crime, Criminal law - federal, Police misconduct, DUI/DWI
- 40% Criminal defense
- 40% Criminal defense: white collar
- 10% Civil rights
- 10% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
First Admitted: 2009, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.johnbuzalaw.com/attorney/buza-john/
- New York Criminal Bar Association
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Southern District of New York
- New York City Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers
- New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Stony Brook University, B.A.
- Not guilty after trial on multiple counts of attempted murder and felony weapons possession., 2016
- Convinced judge to find police officer incredible in suppressing firearm and forcing District Attorney's Office to dismiss case. , 2019
- Not guilty after trial on identity theft and criminal possession of stolen property charges. , 2019
- Not guilty on felony gun possession., 2017
- Not guilty on first degree criminal sale of controlled substance., 2016
- Not guilty verdict after trial on fraud case., 2017
Office location for John P. Buza
New York, NY 10279
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2022