Jonathan A. Harris
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in New York, NY
Jonathan A. Harris is the managing partner of Harris, St. Laurent & Chaudhry LLP in New York, New York. Mr. Harris has experience with commercial disputes, criminal defense, employment counseling, employment litigation, investor litigation and regulatory issues. He represents plaintiffs and defendants in the New York area.
A licensed attorney since 1990, Mr. Harris has more than 25 years of experience and is licensed in New York and California. Over his career, he has litigated and arbitrated numerous disputes in these areas and has achieved multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts for his clients in some of his most significant cases.
Mr. Harris has received recognition from various sources for his success in the legal field. He has been named one of Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America, one of the “Top 100 Trial Lawyers in New York” by The National Trial Lawyers and one of the “Nation’s Top One Percent” by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. He has also been recognized by ACQ Global Awards and Corporate LiveWire.
After earning a bachelor’s degree from Stanford University, Mr. Harris received his law degree from Stanford Law School. During his years in university, he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and the Order of the Coif. Mr. Harris is a member of the Stanford Law School Board of Visitors.
Before founding Harris, St. Laurent & Chaudhry LLP, Mr. Harris clerked for Judge Thomas P. Griesa in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. He also practiced at a one of the nation's most prominent plaintiffs’ firm and worked with a renowned trial attorney, which refined his litigation skills.
About Jonathan A. Harris
First Admitted: 1990, New York
Professional Webpage: http://sc-harris.com/attorneys/jonathan-harris/
- Successfully resolvied an international forfeiture action brought by the United States Department of Justice against the family of the former President of the Republic of China (Taiwan)
- As lead counsel, won a $20 million jury award for the Learning Annex in federal court in the Southern District of New York. After a new trial was awarded on damages, won a larger verdict of $21.8 million on re-trial against one of New York’s most prominent defense firms. Learning Annex Holdings, LLC et al v. Whitney Educational Group, Inc. et al. (SDNY 1:09-cv-04432).
- Complete exhoneration of Frederick O'Meally, the top financial advisor at Prudential Securities, against all charges brought by the Securities and Exchange Commission following a month long jury trial in the Sourthern District of NY and all appeals. SEC v. GINDER, et al. 752 F.3d 569 (2014)
- Won a $61 million arbitration award for a hedge fund against a major international bank relating to the settlement of a complex hedge fund based derivative; the award is amongst the largest all-time granted by a FINRA panel.
- Stanford University, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa, 1984
- Stanford Law School, Order of the Coif, 1987
- Super Lawyer
- CQ Global Award’s Gamechanger of the Year
- Nation’s Top One Percent list by The National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- American Lawyer’s Co-Litigator of the Week
- Corporate LiveWire’s Global Award Winner for Investor Litigation
- Best Attorneys in America
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in New York
- New York
Last Updated: 5/15/2022