Jonathan M. Sedgh
Top Rated Products Liability Attorney in New York, NY
- Free Consultation
Attorney Jonathan M. Sedgh is a partner with Morgan & Morgan law firm, and he works out of the firm's law office in Brooklyn, New York. Nationally recognized as among the top trial lawyers in the country, Mr. Sedgh focuses his practice primarily on plaintiff product liability claims involving dangerous pharmaceuticals and defective medical devices, and implants.
Over the course of his legal career spanning more than 14 years, Mr. Sedgh has been involved in numerous multi-district litigations and class actions, and he has successfully handled thousands of personal injury and tortious claims. Among his most notable successes, he helped secure a landmark verdict of more than $9 billion in a multi-district litigation against a major drug manufacturer, which stand as one of the largest verdicts ever awarded in the United States for that type of case.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Sedgh has earned a Top 40 Under 40 designation from the National Trial Lawyers, and he has received many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers along with numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 2003 graduate of Hofstra University with a Bachelor of Business Administration, Mr. Sedgh returned to his alma mater and obtained his Juris Doctor from Hofstra University School of Law in 2006. He holds his admission to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and he is an active member of the American Association for Justice, the New York State Bar Association and the New York City Bar Association, among his other professional affiliations.
Drawing upon his extensive legal knowledge and experience, Mr. Sedgh has conducted lectures and seminars across the country on a variety of legal topics, and he has served as a panelist regarding mass-tort product liability. He was also selected to serve on the New York City Bar Association's Product Liability Committee.
About Jonathan M. Sedgh
First Admitted: 2008, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.forthepeople.com/attorneys/jonathan-m-sedgh/
Other Outstanding Achievements
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40.
- Hofstra University School
- Allen v. Takeda Pharmaceuticals Int'l Inc., 2014 WL 1818048 (2014) Drug manufacturers concealed risks of patients developing bladder cancer associated with taking drug to treat Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (Actos) and failed to adequately warn prescribing physicians and their patients of such risks. Verdict: Plaintiffs, $9,001,475,000.00 $6,000,000,000.00 to plaintiffs from Takeda defendants for punitive damages $3,000,000,000.00 to plaintiffs from Eli Lilly and Company for punitive damages $75,000.00 to plaintiff Terrence Allen for past pain and suffering $75,000.00 to plaintiff Terrence Allen for past medical expenses $500,000.00 to plaintiff Terrence Allen for future pain and suffering $500,000.00 to plaintiff Terrence Allen for future medical expenses $75,0000.00 to plaintiff Susan Allen for past loss of consortium $250,000.00 to plaintiff Susan Allen for future loss of consortium The jury determined the Takeda defendants were 75 percent at fault for the plaintiffs' damages while Eli Lilly and Company was 25 percent at fault.
- National Trial Lawyers American Association for Justice New York State Bar Association New York City Bar Association
- Personal Injury
- Recap of the Plaza Fiesta event hosted by our #Abogados attorneys in ATL! Thank you to the entire community for co… https://t.co/LXWmdc5PZc
- #VerdictAlert: Zach Wiley and Burke Keaty just received a $250,000.00 verdict for their client in a heavily disput… https://t.co/SaOEQ5Boww
- One step at a time 💯 #MondayMotivation https://t.co/vUYUWgUoN6
- Alicia Smith, Derrick Connell, Rick Block, @MattMorganESQ & Max Karric just won a $7,167,345.00 verdict for their… https://t.co/lIEn73nuvJ
Last Updated: 5/15/2022