Jonathan T. Koevary
Top rated bankruptcy attorney in New York, New YorkOlshan Frome Wolosky LLP
Practice Areas: Bankruptcy
Licensed in New York since: 2005
As a bankruptcy attorney at Olshan, Jonathan T. Koevary handles bankruptcy and restructuring matters on behalf of creditors, debtors, and investors.
Jonathan has a broad range of experience representing clients in all aspects of Chapter 11 and distressed situations, in-court and out-of-court restructurings, and bankruptcy and distressed related lawsuits that include avoidance action defense and the prosecution of successor liability cases and judgment enforcement. Jonathan also represents asset purchasers in distressed asset and M&A transactions, and provides company and credit-specific legal analysis to distressed investors and transactional advice to businesses dealing with distressed entities. Jonathan also has a Chapter 15 practice, representing international and domestic entities in the United States in relation to foreign insolvency proceedings.
Jonathan has been consistently named to New York Super Lawyers List since 2014.
Jonathan received his J.D. from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law and holds a B.A. from Columbia University.
First Admitted: 2005, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.olshanlaw.com/attorneys-Jonathan-Koevary.html
- Regular practice representing preference and fraudulent transfer defendants in cases often exceeding seven figures.
- Represented Official Committee of Equity Security Holders of W.R. Grace and Company, et al.
- Represented Berry-Hill Galleries, Inc., et al.in their Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented FrontierVision noteholder committee in the Adelphia Communication Corporation Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented largest group of Bayou fraudulent conveyance action defendants.
- Represented Chapter 11 ad hoc noteholder committee of Quebecor World, Inc., et al.
- Represented lender agent and steering committee of LNR Property LLC through out-of-court workout.
- Represented aircraft lessor in American Airlines Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented investment bank as third-party witness in Lehman Brothers Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented lead joint venture in its Chapter 11 purchase of Nortel Networks' $4.5 billion patent portfolio.
- Represented nationally recognized auto rental company as claimant in the General Motors and Chrysler Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Dana Corporation, et al.
- Represented Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Young Broadcasting Inc., et al.
- Represented GMG III Capital Partners III, L.P, et al, in their Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented AbitibiBowater, Inc., et al.in their Chapter 11 cases.
- Representing the secured lender/DIP Lender in the PFO Global Chapter 11 cases and in appeal currently pending before the United States Court of Appeals of the Fifth Circuit.
- Represented F&H Acquisition Corp. et al.(Fox & Hound I), in their Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented iON Worldwide, LLC et al. in their Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented SynCardia Systems, Inc. in its Chapter 11 case.
- Represented Novation Companies, Inc. et al. in their Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented DIP Lender in the Implant Sciences Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented QRx Pharma Ltd. its Chapter 15 case (recognition of foreign main proceeding and enforcement of Deed of Company Arrangement).
- Represented a DIP Lender in the TerraVia Holdings, Inc. Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented Signature Apparel Group, Inc. in connection with its bankruptcy fraud litigation against Iconix Brand Group and Christopher Laurita.
- Represented major healthcare patent licensor through litigation and successful resolution of its licensee interests in the MabVax, Inc. Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented and led Second Lien Holders in Sportco Holdings, Inc. Chapter 11 cases to successful contested plan confirmation.
- Represented Perry Ellis International as auction winner of $15 million Georgia distribution center in Fred’s, Inc. Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented landlord in Modell’s Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented landlord in NPC Chapter 11 cases.
- Represent Surrey Realty Associates, LLC, the ground lessor, in the Chapter 7 case of premier Upper East Side NYC hotel, The Surrey Hotel.
- Represented largest consignment vendor in Neiman Marcus Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented Town Sports International Inc. as Special Counsel.
- Representing Ad Hoc Committee to Preferred Shareholders in Washington Prime Group Inc., et al. LC Chapter 11 cases.
- Represent music entertainment company in pursuit of judgment enforcement.
- Represented advertising company as plaintiff through successor liability suit.
- Represented lender group through lawsuit and judgment recovery against Stadiumred Inc.
- Special Litigation Counsel to Chapter 7 Trustee of Diamond Finance Inc.
- Bankruptcy advice in connection to $121m sale of fee position in Crowne Plaza Times Square Hotel to SL Green Realty Corp.
- Representing the secured lender/DIP Lender in the PFO Global Chapter 11 cases and in appeal of residual issue currently pending before the United States Court of Appeals of the Fifth Circuit.
- B.A., Columbia University., 2001
- J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo, School of Law, 2004 Supervising Editor, Cardozo Law ReviewDean's Scholarship, 2004
- New York, SDNY, EDNY, 2005
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2015