Joseph W. Belluck
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in New York, NY
Attorney Joseph W. Belluck is a founding partner of the Belluck & Fox, L.L.P., law firm, which has offices in New York City and all across the state. A top-rated trial lawyer with more than 25 years of legal experience, Mr. Belluck has earned national recognition as one of the leading attorneys in the country for asbestos and mesothelioma litigation as well as other serious personal injury claims.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Belluck has proven himself a compassionate and tireless advocate for those suffering from toxic exposure and serious injuries arising from truck accidents, car accidents and other preventable tragedies. Earlier in his practice, he took on Big Tobacco as a representative for the state of New York, where he was instrumental in forcing tobacco companies to end their sponsorship of misleading scientific research and to remove their billboards across the state. He has represented asbestos victims since 1999.
To date, he has recovered more than $1 billion in settlements and awards for victims of asbestos exposure and other personal injuries throughout the United States. Recognized for his success as well as his impeccable professionalism and exemplary ethical standards, Mr. Belluck holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and he has received consistent designations from Best Lawyers since 2007.
A 1989 graduate of the State University of New York, Binghamton, Mr. Belluck obtained his Juris Doctor magna cum laude from the State University of New York Buffalo School of Law in 1994. He holds a license to practice in New York, Vermont, Colorado and Washington.
Regarded as a leader in his field, Mr. Belluck has served a number of government appointments, including the New York State Commission on Judicial Conduct, where he has served as chair since 2017. Mr. Belluck is also a member of the New York Medicaid Redesign Team as well as advisory council member of the Rockefeller Institute Center for Law and Policy Solutions.
Maintaining active involvement with his alma mater, Mr. Belluck serves on the board of trustees of the State University of New York. In honor of his selfless contributions to the school, the university created a professorship named after him and his wife. Among his philanthropic efforts, Mr. Belluck serves on the board of several civic and charitable organizations throughout his area, including the Woodstock Byrdcliffe Guild, Children’s Rights, Precious Dreams and CMind.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
About Joseph W. Belluck
First Admitted: 1995, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.belluckfox.com/attorneys/joseph-belluck/
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association LawPac, Trustee (2010-Present)
- New York Medicaid Redesign Team, Member
- State University of New York, Board of Trustees
- Rockefeller Institute Center for Law and Policy Solutions, Advisory Council
- New York State Commission on Judicial Conduct, Chair
- SUNY Charter Schools Institute, Chair
- New York’s Medicaid Redesign Team.
- State of New York in its tobacco litigation
- State University of New York Trustee
- Member, SUNY – Binghamton, Harpur Law Council, 2008 - 2010
- Member, American Bar Foundation
- Member, SUNY – Buffalo, Dean's Advisory Council, 2008 - 2010
- New York
- New York State Commission on Judicial Conduct
- Board of Directors, New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- SUNY – Buffalo School of Law, Magna Cum Laude, 1994
- SUNY – Binghamton, B.S., 1989
- New York SuperLawyers, 2007- present
- US News and World Reports Best Law Firms, 2010
- Speaker at Perrin National Asbestos Conferences and ACI National Asbestos Conference, 2010-Present
- Co-Chair of Mealey/HB Litigation's 2007, 2009 and 2010 National Asbestos Litigation Superconferences
- AV Rating by Martindale-Hubbell (Highest Rating possible for Legal Ability and Ethical Standards)
- Fellows, American Bar Foundation
- New York Best Lawyers, 2007- present
- Magna Cum Laude, Buffalo School of Law, 1994
Pro bono/Community Service
- Trial Lawyers Care, a volunteer legal organization
- Has won and settled hundreds of Asbestos and Mesothelioma cases, including a recent case that settled for over $12 million
- Instrumental in representing New York State and settling the State's $25 billion dollar lawsuit against the Tobacco Industry
- SUNY – Buffalo School of Law, Adjunct Lecturer of Law, 1998 - 2001
- A Patient’s Guide to Mesothelioma
- Don't forget: in #NewYork, there are strict time limits and laws for filing personal injury claims after a workplac… https://t.co/BsAwX8HzPm
- Congrats to @jbelluck on being named to the first-ever NYS Cannabis Advisory Board by @GovKathyHochul! His work in… https://t.co/cBUUn1sDzX
- The rise in the number of e-bikes on #NYC streets over the last several years has resulted in an increase in traffi… https://t.co/AmXj1HaDk5
- From our Belluck & Fox family to yours, wishing you a special #FathersDay. https://t.co/zIkezt4fvg
- If you suspect your elderly parent or loved one has suffered nursing home abuse or neglect, our nationally recogniz… https://t.co/bSh52lF1rY
Last Updated: 5/15/2022