Jura Christine Zibas
Top rated intellectual property attorney in New York, New YorkWilson, Elser, Moskowitz, Edelman & Dicker LLP
Jura C. Zibas is a partner with the Sarasota and New York City offices of Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP. She is located now in Florida. An insightful and versatile attorney with a wide-ranging background in technology. She has a strong background in handling matters involving both hardware and software. Ms. Zibas concentrates her practice on intellectual property law, related commercial issues, technology/software disputes, privacy law and healthcare/pharmacy representation. Her practice areas include general counsel advising and litigation in all areas of intellectual property infringement cases for rights holders and defendants alike, and she also assists with contracts and transactional issues related to intellectual property rights, patents and trademarks. She has particular experience in the prosecution, protection, licensing and acquisition of patents, copyrights and trademarks as well as privacy and data security issues.
Known for her strong analytical skills, Ms. Zibas has training in chemistry and dentistry, which she brings to bear in litigating complex civil matters involving medical, scientific and technology issues. Her broad client base includes pharmacies; software companies, jewelry and consumer goods manufacturers and distributors; medical device manufacturers and distributors; and companies in the nutraceutical, biotechnology and software arenas in addition to a major international oil company.
Ms. Zibas is admitted to practice before all state courts in New York, New Jersey, California, Ohio and Florida. She is additionally admitted to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York, the Southern District of Ohio, the Central, Eastern and Northern Districts of California, the District of New Jersey and the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida. She is a member of the New York State Bar Association’s Intellectual Property Section and Patent Committee, the American Bar Association, and the American Intellectual Property Law Association.
Ms. Zibas is a graduate of both the Ohio State University College of Dentistry's Doctor of Dental Surgery program and Tulane University. She received her Juris Doctor from Capital University Law School in 1990.
Practice areasIntellectual property, Intellectual property litigation, Business litigation, Technology transactions
Copyrights, Patents, Trademarks, Intellectual property law, Trade secret, Non-compete agreements, Internet, Science and technology law
- 50% Intellectual property
- 30% Intellectual property litigation
- 10% Business litigation
- 10% Technology transactions
First Admitted: 1991, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.wilsonelser.com/attorneys/jura_christine_zibas
- U.S. District Court Central Districts of California
- Member, Patent Committee, New York State
- U.S. District Court Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- Member, Intellectual Property Section, New York State
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- New Jersey
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Northern Districts of California
- American Bar Association
- New York
- State of Florida USDC, Middle District of Florida USDC, Southern District of Florida, 2016
- U.S. District Court Southern Districts of New York
- Tulane University, B.S., 1984
- Ohio State University College of Dentistry, Doctor of Dental Surgery Program
- Quantum Mechanics Integrating Design of Computer Programs with Dr. Melfi, Tulane University
- Recognition by the National Cancer Society for Distinguished Research Achievement
- Presentation covered the latest developments in 3D printing, the Internet of Things and other disruptive technologies. Use annual checkup you can use to evaluate your company’s preparedness and learn how to stay ahead of the next nascent technology. Whether you’re a tech junkie or still playing LPs, this was an an enlightening session about some big changes coming to our industry. , Speaker, 3D Printing: Are you Ready? Developments in Disruptive Technology, NAMIC and Underwriters Council, Insurance Underwriters, 2019
- "Madrid Protocol," IPO Annual Meeting, 2004
- Guest Commentator on Court TV, 2003
- Guest Commentator on Court TV, 2007
- Zibas Win Makes Headlines in the New York Law Journal, December 15, 2011
- Speaking engagement "Is your IP and Customer Data Protected from Hackers?"
- Speaking engagement "Identifying New Forms of "Money" to Satisfy Monetary Awards and Strategies of Defending Against Monetary Relief and Injunctions"
- Publication "Cyber Best Practices for Attorneys"
- Publication "Cyber Best Practices for Attorneys"
- How Will U.S. Supreme Court Decision That Naturally Occurring DNA Is Not Patentable Impact Future Technology Patents?, June 24, 2013
- Defending the Distributor in Counterfeit Cases, IP Litigator, September/October 2012
- Zibas and Rodriguez Publish Article on the Future of the EU Patent Court, October 1, 2011
- On the Future of the EU Patent Court: Can a Revised Agreement Address Concerns About a European Patent Litigation System?, Bloomberg Law Reports: Intellectual Property, EU Patent Litigation System, September 2011
- Sweeping Changes to U.S. Patent Regulations Include First-to-File System, September 2011
- Chapter on "Preparing Clients for Strategic Patent Development," Inside the Minds: Developing a Patent Strategy, Aspatore Books, 2010 edition
- "Managing IP for Maximum Return," Incremental Advantage Management Conference, October 2007
- "Patent Infringement: How It Occurs," Nutrition Industry Executive, July/August 2004
- "Patently Obvious," Nutritional Outlook, November/December 2004
- "A Retailer's Guide to Patent Infringement," Health Supplement Retailer, November 2004
- "Flow Cytometric Phenotyping of Colon Carcinoma Cells Using a Panel of Monoclonal Antibodies: Alteration of Membrane Phenotyping by Alpha-Interferon," Laboratory Investigations, January 1987
- Law review article on "Orphan Drug Act and Comparison of U.S. FDA Regulations versus International Laws and Standards for Approving Research Drugs," 1989
- Speaking Engagements, Intellectual Property: Contractual and Insurance Protections for You and Your Clients, September 19, 2012
- Speaking Engagements, Intellectual Property: Contractual and Insurance Protections for You and Your Clients, September 18, 2012
- Seminars/Webinars, Significant Changes in Advertising Law 2012, February 24, 2012
- Seminars/Webinars, Jura Zibas to Participate in Knowledge Congress’s CLE Webcast on Advertising Law, January 27, 2012
- Online Retail
- Technology Services
Office location for Jura Christine Zibas
150 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10017-5639
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022