Justin S. Weddle
Top Rated White Collar Crimes Attorney in New York, NY
Justin S. Weddle represents clients facing scrutiny by law enforcement and regulators as well as clients seeking a seasoned trial and appellate lawyer to assist in civil disputes. Mr. Weddle is a regular participant in high-profile appeals, investigations, and trials, including the FIFA prosecution, the PCAOB leaks case, appellate litigation regarding SEC disgorgement and appointments clause issues, the Lava Jato investigation, and LIBOR prosecutions. Mr. Weddle served as a deputy chief of appeals in the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York, and as a A former Resident Legal Advisor for the United States Department of Justice in Romania. Mr. Weddle also taught at New York University School of Law as an adjunct professor.
Mr. Weddle is admitted to practice in Massachusetts and New York. He is also admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, and several federal appeals courts.
In 1992, Mr. Weddle graduated from Haverford College. At Columbia University School of Law, he was a Kent Scholar and Stone Scholar and earned his Juris Doctor in 1995. While in law school, he was managing editor of the Columbia Law Review. As a member of the New York City Bar Association Federal Courts Committee, he serves as Chair of the Appeals Subcommittee.
For more than a decade, Mr. Weddle worked as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Southern District of New York, prosecuting white collar crimes. During that time, he tried a variety of complex fraud issues in intellectual property, hacking, computers, major crimes, and securities and commodities.
About Justin S. Weddle
First Admitted: 1996, New York
Professional Webpage: https://weddlelaw.com/justin-s-weddle/
- Recognized by Super Lawyers as a Top Rated White Collar Crimes Attorney in New York, NY, since 2017
- Listed in Who’s Who Legal, Business Crime Defense for both Corporates and Individuals
- Adjunct Professor of Clinical Law, NYU School of Law, 2012-2014
- “Prosecutors Should Be Wary Of Overreach After Marinello,” Law 360, Published: March 30, 2018
- U.S. Courts of Appeals D.C. Circuits
- NYC Bar Association Federal Courts Committee, Chair of the Appeals Subcommittee
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for Third Circuit
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for Second Circuit
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for First Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of New York
- New York
- Haverford College, B.A., 1992
Last Updated: 5/15/2022