Top rated Employment Litigation attorney in New York, New YorkSanford Heisler Sharp, LLP
Kate MacMullin is a dedicated and zealous attorney at the law firm of Sanford Heisler Sharp, LLP, serving the New York City metropolitan area. Focusing her practice exclusively on employment discrimination claims, she compassionately represents clients who have been the target of unjust treatment at their workplaces.
Clients reach out to Ms. MacMullin when their employers perpetrate acts of discrimination based on personal attributes such as sexual orientation, gender, race, religion, critical illnesses, disability, pregnancy status, age or nationality. She understands that an employment discrimination situation can be very sensitive and emotional for her clients and handles cases with extreme care and discretion.
Ms. MacMullin received her Bachelor of Arts in comparative literature, magna cum laude, from Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, in 2015. She then received her Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, from Harvard Law School in 2018. During her time at Harvard Law School, she served as a student attorney at Harvard’s Domestic Violence and Family Law Clinic and worked as an executive content editor for the Harvard Journal of Law & Gender.
An accomplished lawyer, Ms. MacMullin became authorized to practice law in all the state courts of New York in 2019. From 2018 to 2019, she served as a law clerk at the Supreme Court of Canada for the Honorable Judge Michael J. Moldaver. She also contributed as a co-author to the Wolters Kluwer’s Labor Law Journal.
Over her career, Ms. MacMullin has provided top-notch representation to employees throughout New York in individual and class action lawsuits. As a result, she has received many positive client reviews and endorsements from her peers and former clients.
Practice areasEmployment Litigation: Plaintiff, Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
Class Actions, Employment Discrimination, Retaliation, Wrongful Termination
- 90% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10% Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2019, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.sanfordheisler.com/team/kate-macmullin/
- States – The Final Frontier: How State Law and State Courts Can Provide Avenues for Justice and Resist the U.S. Supreme Court’s “Lochner Lite” Anti-Employee and Anti-Consumer Agenda, Wolter Kluwer’s Labor Law Journal, September 14, 2021. Co-Author
- Executive Content Editor for the Harvard Journal of Law and Gender
- 2021 New York Metro Super Lawyer Rising Star
- New York, 2019
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- B.A., Brown University, magna cum laude
Office location for Kate MacMullin
17 State Street
New York, NY 10004
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2023