Kathleen E. Beatty
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in New York, NY
A zealous personal injury attorney with over a decade of legal experience, Kathleen E. Beatty serves injured residents of New York from Morgan & Morgan’s Manhattan office. She has handled some of the most complex personal injury claims and has efficiently litigated cases on behalf of personal injury victims of premises liability accidents, car and truck wrecks, drunk driving crashes, medical malpractice, toxic torts, nursing home abuse, pedestrian and bicycle accidents, animal attacks and construction accidents.
Ms. Beatty understands that each case is different and takes great care to do things right from the beginning of every case’s investigation. She finds ways to resolve issues or avoid litigation altogether by representing her clients in arbitrations, mediations and negotiations. However, when a case needs to be tried in court, she thoroughly prepares her arguments to earn good results and the respect of the judge and jury.
As a result, she has obtained dozens of seven-figure settlements and verdicts on behalf of her clients. Some of her recent notable victories include:
· $1.2 million compensation for a worker who fell off a ladder
· $900,000 for an injured apartment resident
· $750,000 for those injured in a truck collision
Hailing from New York City’s five boroughs, Long Island and New York's upstate counties, Ms. Beatty’s clients have found her experience and skill to be important factors in the extraordinary outcomes of their cases.
Born in Louisiana and brought up in Delaware, Ms. Beatty graduated from the University of Delaware in 2006 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in criminal justice and a minor in East Asian Studies. She received her Juris Doctor degree from New York Law School in 2009. As a law student, she was a recipient of the Dean’s Scholarship and the Delaware Higher Education Commission Scholarship. She is licensed in New York (2010), the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York.
Ms. Beatty has been honored in many ways for her accomplishments. She has been named on The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40 list, and she holds a “Good” rating on Avvo. Some of her results have been featured on Top New York Verdicts by Verdict Search.
When not advocating for clients, Ms. Beatty actively volunteers to offer social services to those in her community.
- 100%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Toxic Mold, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2020
About Kathleen E. Beatty
First Admitted: 2010, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.forthepeople.com/attorneys/kathleen-beatty/
- Super Lawyers
- New York Jury Verdict Review & Analysis
- Verdict Search's Top New York Verdicts
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- University of Delaware, Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice 2006
- Member of New York State Trial Lawyers Association since 2010.
- New York State Courts
- United States Supreme Court
- New York Delegate for the Young Lawyers Division Assembly at the American Bar Association Meeting in Chicago, IL, 2014.
- Admitted to practice in the United States District Courts of the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York, 2010
- Verdicts published in Verdict Search's Top New York Verdicts and the New York Jury Verdict Review & Analysis.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Numerous hours of time dedicated to organizations such as the Civil Legal Advice and Resource Office at the New York County Civil Court, Dual Languages High School, and Hudson Guild.
- Our Morgan family is growing! Help us welcome our newest attorney David Esfeh. ✔️Joining our Los Angeles office as… https://t.co/HLQCtKbbG4
- #VerdictAlert Miguel Dominguez, Peter Brogdon & Keith Mitnick just won a $6,397,178 verdict for our client in Atla… https://t.co/ZkIJnEkTGK
- As #HurricaneIan approaches, there's lots to do. Follow these 4 #tips on what to do to handle your insurance polic… https://t.co/3oDh8UWPK4
- Hard work always pays off 💪 #MorganMotivation https://t.co/ceMmIe0dOQ
Last Updated: 6/9/2022