Top Rated Immigration Attorney in New York, NY
The Law Office of Katia Teirstein PLLC is a boutique New York City firm dedicated to providing comprehensive assistance in family and business immigration matters. The firm represents people and businesses throughout the United States and abroad in seeking temporary or permanent residence in the United States.
Originally from the Pacific Northwest, Katia holds a Bachelor of Arts in History from the University of Washington, where she graduated with multiple Dean’s List awards and a Certificate of High Scholarship. She received her Juris Doctor from Yeshiva University’s Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in New York City, where she concentrated in Constitutional Law and was named a Cardozo Public Interest Fellow. During her legal studies, she clerked at the General Counsel Office of the U.S. Department of the Navy and the New York City Office of Emergency Management, as well as the Innocence Project, where she assisted the wrongfully convicted in appeals for DNA testing.
Katia is a member of the New York State Bar since 2011, as well as an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (“AILA”), the New York State Bar Association, and the French-American Chamber of Commerce.
Katia studied at a lycée in North-Eastern France as a teenager, where she learned to speak French. In her free time, she enjoys traveling, snowboarding, cheering on her beloved New York Yankees, and exploring New York City. An avid runner, most mornings you’ll find her running with her two dogs in Central Park or on the trails of Westchester County. She runs the New York City Marathon each November and she recently ran the 2017 Boston Marathon for charity.
About Katia Teirstein
First Admitted: 2011, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.teirsteinlaw.com/who-we-are
- Annual Dean's List The following undergraduates receive yearly high scholarship recognition: Undergraduates who have attended three quarters of the academic year (summer through spring) and who have achieved a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher in at least 12 graded credits in each of the three quarters. Undergraduates who have attended the University for four quarters of the school year (summer through spring), with a 3.50 or higher GPA in 12 or more graded credits in each of three quarters, and a 3.50 or higher GPA in 10 or more graded credits in the fourth quarter., Certificate of High Scholarship, University of Washington, 2006
- Cardozo Public Interest Fellow, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 2010
- JD, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Public Interest Fellow , 2010
- Bachelor of Arts in History from the University of Washington, Quarterly Dean's List and Annual Dean's List Awards , 2006
- Represented the team of artists working with Jay-Z for the Barneys New York holiday window displays on Madison Avenue in Manhattan. Successfuly secured their artist visas and assistant visas. , 2013
Last Updated: 5/15/2022