Kenneth A. Bloom
Top rated Construction Litigation attorney in New York, New YorkGartner + Bloom PC
Practice Areas: Construction Litigation, Personal Injury, Business Litigation; view more
Licensed in New York since: 1982
Education: American University Washington College of Law
Languages Spoken: English, Hebrew, Spanish
Gartner + Bloom PC801 Second Avenue
New York, NY 10017 Visit website
The founding and managing partner of the law offices of Gartner + Bloom PC, which is situated in New York City, New York, Kenneth A. Bloom has been in the legal field for over 39 years. With law offices in both New York City and Springfield, New Jersey, he focuses his practice on issues such as personal injury, labor law matters, insurance coverage, construction law, insurance fraud defense and commercial litigation.
Professional and diligent, Mr. Bloom takes on every case with a genuine concern for his clients. He provides customized and tailored solutions for each client’s unique case. He delivers personal attention and is responsive and accessible to his clients. With a firm commitment to his clients’ interests, he is a tireless advocate for their liberties.
Licensed to practice in the District of Columbia, New York and Pennsylvania, Mr. Bloom has also been admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Southern and Northern Districts of New York, the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit.
Graduating with a Bachelor of Science from Cornell University, Mr. Bloom obtained his Juris Doctor from American University. He currently guest lectures at Cornell University on the subject “managing and resolving conflict.” Prior to founding his own law firm, he served as an assistant district attorney for Kings County and as a senior attorney in prominent law firms in New York.
An excellent orator, Mr. Bloom has lectured on insurance coverage and construction matters at many renowned legal associations. He actively involves in his legal community, including having memberships in the New York State Former District Attorneys Association, the Tort and Insurance Practice and Alternate Dispute Resolution Sections of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
Additionally, Mr. Bloom is a member of the District of Columbia Bar and the New York County Lawyers Association. He has been selected to be on the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance Construction Defect’s Board of Directors, an esteemed group of top construction defect experts throughout the country. Recognized for his impeccable work, he has been AV Preeminent* peer review-rated by Martindale Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasConstruction Litigation: Business, Personal Injury - General: Defense, Business Litigation, Insurance Coverage
Construction Accident, Construction Defects, Insurance, Insurance Defense, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Non-Compete Agreements, Personal Injury - Defense, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Toxic Mold, Wrongful Death
- 50% Construction Litigation: Business
- 30% Personal Injury - General: Defense
- 10% Business Litigation
- 10% Insurance Coverage
First Admitted: 1981, Washington DC
Professional Webpage: https://gartnerbloom.com/attorneys/kennethbloom/
- New York Superlawyer, 2007- 2016
- One of the Top Attorneys in New York, 2013
- Lectured, West Coast Casualty Construction Defect Conference
- Guest lecturer, Cornell University, “Managing and Resolving Conflict”
- Claims and Litigation Alliance Construction Defect, Board of Directors
- MC Consultant’s East Region Construction Defect Conference, Vice-Chairman and Chairman, 2010-2014
- New York State Former District Attorneys Association, Brooklyn, New York, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Tort and Insurance Practice Section, Member
- Alternate Dispute Resolution Section, Member
- Construction Committee of the ABA Section on Dispute Resolution, Co-chair, 2004-2005
- District of Columbia Bar
- The New York County Lawyers Association
- District of Columbia, 1981
- New York, 1982
- Pennsylvania, 1990
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 1983
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1983
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York, 1990
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1985
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 1988
- The U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 1990
- Cornell University, B.S., 1978
Office location for Kenneth A. Bloom
801 Second Avenue
New York, NY 10017
- Super Lawyers: 2007, 2013 - 2023