Kenneth A. Eiges
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in New York, NY
Kenneth A. Eiges is an attorney at Eiges & Orgel, PLLC. Based in New York City, he focuses his practice exclusively on family law, providing representation to clients throughout the greater metropolitan area, including Westchester, Nassau and Suffolk counties. Mr. Eiges provides advice and counsel to people who are facing the end of their marriage and who need assistance in resolving such divorce-related issues as child custody and visitation, the division of complex assets and debts, and alimony and child support. A forceful advocate in the courtroom, he often helps his clients reach accords on these matters through such alternative dispute resolution techniques as negotiations, mediation, collaborative law, and arbitration.
Other family law areas that Mr. Eiges has significant experience that includes international and interstate custody and child abduction cases. He also assists client’s in preparing pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements. Highly respected by his fellow professionals for the manner in which he handles these often sensitive and emotional cases, Mr. Eiges has received an AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell, peer review rating of 10.0 "Superb" through Avvo. He has also been named to New York Magazine's annual list of New York’s Leading Family Lawyers. He has also received a diploma from the National Institute of Trail Advocacy in “Child Advocacy as well a being named by the Board of Trustees from the same organization as an “Advocate” for completing an intensive professional training courses in Trial Advocacy.
Majoring in sociology, Mr. Eiges attended the State University of New York’s at Albany as an undergraduate and received a Bachelor of Arts cum laude in 1972. His legal education came at Brooklyn Law School, and he was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1975. He is admitted to practice before all New York state courts, Federal District Courts and the Supreme Court of the United States. Mr. Eiges is an active participant in a variety of professional organizations, including the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 90%Family Law
- 10%Military/Veterans Law
Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, Military Divorce
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2022
- Divorce & Family Law - Wrote authoritative guide to help readers understand divorce and family Law
About Kenneth A. Eiges
First Admitted: 1976, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.divorcelawfirmnewyork.com/About-the-Firm/Ken-Eig...
- Graduated cum laude State University of New York at Albany, 1972
- Certified as a Mediator by The New York Mediation Group Advanced Training in Divorce Mediation, 1994
- Wrote numerous articles in the Observateur concerning the law., Columnist, 1999
Pro bono/Community Service
- Center for Emergency Rights, 2011
- Hosted Radio Show on WLIB on Divorce Issues
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Name an "Advocate" by the National Institute of Trial Advocacy, 2012
- Given highest rating of "10" by Avvo, 2013
- Numerous postive reviews from client., Client Distinction Award, Martindale-Hubbell, 2013
- Completed advanced training in deposition and trial skills, Designated "Advocate", National Institute of Trial Academy, 2012
- AV Preeminent Rated Client Distinction Award Martindale Avvo Superb Award 10/10 Top Rated Lawyers 2012 National Insitute of Child Advocacy "Advocate Designation"
- Completion of one week training in Child Advocacy Skills, Child Advocate, National Institute of Trial Advocacy, 2012
- Based on experience and recommendations of other lawyers, received top rating, Rated 10 Superb , Avvo, 2013
- Certificate of Merit, Union of Caribbean Youth Associations, 1996
- The Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ are an objective indicator of a lawyer's high ethical standards and professional ability, generated from evaluations of lawyers by other members of the bar and the judiciary in the United States and Canada. The first review to establish a lawyer's rating usually occurs three years after his/her first admission to the bar.LexisNexis facilitates secure online Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings surveys of lawyers across multiple jurisdictions and geographic locations, in similar areas of practice as the lawyer being rated. Reviewers are asked to assess their colleagues' general ethical standards and legal ability in a specific area of, AV rated - Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell, 2012
- Received a top rating from newsweek based on awards and experience, Named in Top Rated Lawyers, Newsweek, 2012
- Won appeal in Appellate Division First Department which held that a women can cross state lines while in vitro. Home state would be the state where she gave birth under the UCCJEA, 2017
- $2.3 million medical malpractice settlement during Trial $1.5 million verdict for construction accident $1 million settlement for injury in auto accident, 1998
- Member of NYS Bar Association New York State Trial Lawyers Association (1985) Admitted to the United States Supreme Court 1982. Active in Family Law Section, 2017
- @ewarren Liz analogy should be amazon [email protected] railroads inTR time.
- @realDonaldTrump I hope you can work with Nancy and heal the country.
- Learn about Elizabeth's experience working with Jennie Levin: https://t.co/jDjd7CyddS
- Read our new blog to find out why more millennials are choosing to get prenuptial agreements before marriage. The l… https://t.co/otRLnX1lGM
- Did you know a collaborative divorce could save you time, money, and help minimize stress? Read our blog to learn m… https://t.co/lR1fUAmcbH
Last Updated: 5/15/2022