Kenneth M. Moltner
Top rated family law attorney in New York, New YorkCohen Stine Kapoor LLP
Kenneth Michael Moltner serves as a counsel at the law firm of Cohen Stine Kapoor LLP, located in New York, New York. Licensed to practice law in New York since 1986, he has 18 years of experience in the matrimonial and family law field and has 30 years of experience working as a litigation attorney.
Well known for providing sound and knowledgeable legal counsel for his clients, Mr. Moltner is a dedicated and tireless advocate for his clients’ needs and rights. With an unwavering commitment to his clients’ interests, he handles all his clients’ cases in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
From New York University College of Arts & Science, Mr. Moltner received his Bachelor of Arts degree and graduated summa cum laude. He went on to study law and earned his Juris Doctor degree from New York University School of Law.
Admitted to practice in the state of New York, Mr. Moltner is also admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York. Actively affiliated with the legal community, he is a member of the New York State Bar Association’s Family Law Section and the New York County Lawyers Association’s Matrimonial Law Committee.
Mr. Moltner was the past chair of the Manhattan Community Board 8 and was selected to serve on the New York City Charter Revision Commission. He received the New York City Council Proclamation for his community service and also serves as counsel to the commissioners in the New York City Board of Elections.
Additionally, Mr. Moltner is an adjunct professor who teaches a litigation course at Hunter College and formerly taught at New York University’s School of Professional Studies. An ardent speaker, he has lectured at several continuing legal education platforms in prominent legal associations. Mr. Moltner has written extensively and co-authored a book, titled “Treatment and Management of Maladaptive Schemas,” which is about how to manage self-destructive beliefs and behaviors effectively.
Practice areasFamily law, Business litigation, Estate & trust litigation
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Divorce, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Same sex family law
- 80% Family law
- 10% Business litigation
- 10% Estate & trust litigation
First Admitted: 1986, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.csklawny.com/kenneth-m-moltner
- New York City Council Proclamation for Community Service
- New York
- Counsel to the Commissioners of Elections of the City of New York
- Special Master for a New York State Supreme Court Justice
- New York City Charter Revision Commission
- Former Chair of Manhattan Community Board 8
- United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- New York County Lawyers Association, Family Law Section, 2022
- New York Bar Association, Matrimonial Law Section, 2022
- Adjunct Faculty of Hunter College
- Presented Continuing Legal Education programs to attorneys at the New York County Lawyers Association and the New York City Bar Association
- New York University’s School of Professional Studies
- This book offers innovative means of altering self-destructive beliefs and their resulting behaviors, many of which impact Family Law matters., Author, Treatment and Management of Maladaptive Schemas, Springer Publications, Psychology, Family Law, 2014
- New York University College of Arts & Sciences, B.A. summa cum laude
- The Go-To Legal Professional Channel, with Eda Rosa Kenneth M. Moltner discusses paralegal ethics, paralegal best practices, and what attorneys look for when interviewing a paralegal, Paralegal Ethics, Best Practices and Interviewing, Legal, Paralegal, Training, CLE, Ethics, 2021
- Adjunct Faculty, Hunter College, 2022
- Adjunct Faculty, New York University School of Professional Studies
- Manhattan Community Board 8, 2022
- Child Support
- Separation Agreements
Office location for Kenneth M. Moltner
11 Times Square
New York, NY 10036
- Super Lawyers: 2022