Kenneth P. George
Top Rated Intellectual Property Attorney in New York, NY
A partner at the law firm Amster Rothstein & Ebenstein LLP in New York City, New York, Kenneth P. George is an intellectual property attorney, representing clients with matters involving patent and trademark procurement and counseling. In addition, he litigates on behalf of research and academic institutions to secure, protect, enforce and monetize their intellectual property.
Dedicated, diligent and professional, Mr. George has a reputation for being a tenacious litigator. Providing efficient and cost-effective legal services to all his clients, he provides personal attention and personalized solutions for each client’s unique case.
With a bachelor’s degree in physics from New York University, Mr. George earned his Juris Doctor from Brooklyn Law School. He is admitted to practice in the state of New York and before the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. George is also registered before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. For his outstanding work in the field of intellectual property law, he has been AV Preeminent* peer review rated, which is the highest rating, through Martindale Hubbell.
Mr. George has immense experience with jury and nonjury trials in federal and state courts. He has served as lead counsel in lawsuits between two top consumer product competitors and successfully helped his client in trademark, patent, trade dress and unfair competition matters that came up.
Additionally, Mr. George has represented academic institutions and nonprofit organizations, including the Albert Einstein College of Medicine for more than 20 years and the Feinstein Institutes for Medical Research for more than 10 years. He has published many articles in renowned journals and has also been featured in the press numerous times.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Kenneth P. George
First Admitted: 1981, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.arelaw.com/professional/kgeorge/
- Registered to Practice Before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1981
- New York, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 1993
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1983
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1983
- New York University, New York, NY, Physics, 1977
- Brief in Opposition "Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc. and Kimberly-Clark Global Sales, LLC, Petitioners, v. First Quality Baby Products, LLC and First Quality Retail Services, LLC, Respondents, (December 30, 2011)" January 3, 2012, https://www.arelaw.com/publications/view/partybrief123011doc/
- SCA Hygiene Prods. Aktiebolag v. First Quality Baby Prods., LLC, 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 98755 (W.D. Ky. July 15, 2013)
- Spotless Enterprises, Inc. v. Carlisle Plastics, Inc., 56 F. Supp. 2d 274 (E.D.N.Y. 1999)
- Spotless Enterprises, Inc. v. Carlisle Plastics, Inc., 144 F. Supp. 2d 167 (E.D.N.Y. 2001)
- Thierry Pourchez & Bard v. Diatek, Inc. & Arrow, 265 F. Supp. 2d 192 (S.D.N.Y. 2003)
- Spotless Enterprises v. A&E Products Group, 294 F.Supp. 2d (E.D.N.Y. 2003)
- Presstek Incorporated v. VIM Technologies Limited, Landgericht Dusseldorf - German Patent Litigation Presstek, Inc. v. Creo, Inc., 2007 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 24126 (D.N.H. 2007)
- In the Matter of Certain Laser Imageable Lithographic Printing Plates, Inv. No. 337-TA-636, USITC Pub. 4204 (Dec. 2010)
- Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc. v. First Quality Baby Prods., LLC, 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 76571, 2009 WL 2634860 (N.D. Tex. Aug. 26, 2009)
- Roche Diagnostics Operations, Inc. v. Abbott Diabetes Care, 756 F. Supp. 2d 598 (D. Del. 2010)
- Therasense, Inc. v. Becton, Dickinson & Co., 593 F.3d 1289 (Fed. Cir. 2010) (en banc)
- Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc. v. First Quality Baby Prods., LLC, 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 139656 (E.D. Wis. Dec. 3, 2011)
- Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc. v. First Quality Baby Prods., LLC, 447 Fed. Appx. 217 (Fed. Cir. 2011)
- Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc. v. First Quality Baby Prods., LLC, 431 Fed. Appx. 884, reh'g denied (Fed. Cir. 2011), and cert. denied, 132 S. Ct. 1143 (2012).
- Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc. v. First Quality Baby Prods., LLC, 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 129646 (E.D. Wis. Sept. 12, 2012)
- Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc. v. First Quality Baby Prods., LLC, 900 F. Supp. 2d 903 (E.D. Wis. 2012)
- Kimberly-Clark, Inc. v. First Quality Baby Prods., LLC, 900 F. Supp. 2d 919 (E.D. Wis. 2012)
- Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc. v. First Quality Baby Prods., LLC, 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 167952 (E.D. Wis. Nov. 27, 2012)
Last Updated: 5/31/2022