Top Rated Intellectual Property Attorney in New York, NY
As the managing partner of Grant Attorneys at Law PLLC in New York, New York, attorney Kristin Grant serves the rights and interests of a diverse range of clients throughout the greater New York City metro area and all across the state. She has extensive experience helping her clients protect their important ideas, inventions and trade secrets as well as assisting those who need support prosecuting any infringements or violations thereof.
A registered patent attorney with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Ms. Grant handles all matters pertaining to the acquisition, protection and enforcement of patents, trademarks, copyrights and other intellectual property protections. Serving both individual and corporate clients in a variety of industries, she has achieved notable success not only with providing effective representation and support regarding intellectual property protections but also with providing invaluable counsel involving regulatory compliance and industry-specific issues.
Earlier in her career, Ms. Grant worked at two prominent-area intellectual property law firms, where she gained invaluable insight into all areas of patent, trademark and copyright law. She also served as a patent consultant for AltSchool, a nationwide community of schools and educators devoted to helping children reach their full potential in this technology-driven age. There, she worked closely with software developers and engineers throughout all stages of the patent process.
A 2006 graduate of Howard University with a Bachelor of Science in chemistry, Ms. Grant received her Master of Business Administration from the University of Wales in 2010. She then returned to New York and attended New York Law School, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 2013. While in law school, she was a member of the Media, Entertainment, & Fashion Law Association as well as the Black Law Students Association, and she regularly contributed to an online website devoted to fashion law and other legal topics.
Ms. Grant is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. She maintains an active membership with the National Association of Patent Practitioners, the New York Intellectual Property Law Association, the New York City Bar and the New York State Bar Association's Patent Law Committee.
Recognized for her exemplary professionalism and service, Ms. Grant has received “Superb” client ratings on Avvo as well as a Top 40 Under 40 designation from the American Society of Legal Advocates.
About Kristin Grant
First Admitted: 2014, New York
Professional Webpage: https://grant.legal/attorneys/
- New York State Bar Association, Patent Law Committee
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- US District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Board of Directors of the New York Law School Alumni Association; Co-Founder - Alumni Association Intellectual Property Group
- New York County Lawyers Association, Media, Entertainment and Sports Law Committee member
- National Association of Patent Practitioners, member
- New York City Bar Association, member
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association, member
- Registered Patent Attorney
- New York Law School, J.D., 2013
- Howard University, B.S. Chemistry, 2006
- University of Wales Cardiff, MBA , 2010
Last Updated: 5/15/2022