Lambros Y. Lambrou
Top rated Medical Malpractice attorney in New York, New YorkThe Lambrou Law Firm P.C.
Practice Areas: Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, Civil Litigation; view more
Licensed in New York since: 1998
Education: Hofstra University School of Law
Languages Spoken: English, Greek, Spanish
Lambros Y. Lambrou is the founder of The Lambrou Law Firm P.C. The Firm started with Mr. Lambrou and an assistant sharing an office and has rapidly expanded. Now with hundreds of clients past and present, the Lambrou Law Firm team has grown into a compassionate team of professionals that guide clients through their most difficult times. The Lambrou Law Firm, under the tutelage of Lambros Y. Lambrou, Esq., has earned the high honor of Best Law Firms of America in 2018. This honor is a testament to Mr. Lambrou’s and his team’s dedication to the firm’s clients and the law. Mr. Lambrou was also selected as President of the National Trial Lawyers Top 25 Medical Malpractice Trial Lawyers Specialty Association in February of 2020 a highly coveted honor and selection. Mr. Lambrou is now licensed to practice law in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Florida, Connecticut and the District of Columbia.
The Lambrou Firm represents real people in matters of substantial personal injury, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases and matters of Civil Rights for the handicap in New York and other States around this country. As a zealous advocate for those who have suffered injuries from the negligence of others. Mr. Lambrou has secured millions of dollars for his clients, including a $7.75 million recovery for two clients injured in a car accident, a $5.8 million recovery for an infant that suffered birth trauma.* His efforts, hardworking and exceptional results have helped to propel the Lambrou Law Firm to a Top Notch Law Firm.
In addition, to the results listed above, Mr. Lambrou and his firm have recovered millions of dollars in medical malpractice wrongful death cases, auto accident wrongful death cases, auto accident cases, construction accident cases, infant medical malpractice cases, Erb’s Palsy cases, and other types of injury cases as well as cases involving violations of the Americans with Disability Act.
The Firm is also proud that it’s biggest referral source is its former clients. Mr. Lambrou considers that a testament to client satisfaction. The compliments paid to the Firm and the team are numerous. The testimonials are real, personal and unrehearsed they are worth watching. Watch here. These testimonials are the strongest evidence of the firms abilities and respect for their clients. It also explains why former clients are the biggest referral source of the Firm,
Mr. Lambrou regularly conducts research focus groups to learn the strengths and weaknesses in his case and also discover the way jurors think in any particular case to figure out how to best present his clients case. The presentations includes using cutting edge technology to show a jury or a judge or a mediator the specifics of the case. Since his graduation from Law School more than two decades ago, he has been bestowed with many honors and accolades including the high honors below that were awarded after a rigorous peer-reviewed selection process:
- President- National Trial Lawyers Top 25 Medical Malpractice Trial Attorneys Association
- Top 1 percent of Medical Malpractice Trial Lawyers;
- Best Attorneys of America as a Lifetime Charter Member;
- Super Lawyers New York Metro Area 2013-2023;
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars New York Metro Area 2011-2012;
- Top 40 under 40 Attorneys – 2012;
- Multi-million and Million dollars Advocate Forum;
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Attorneys;
- AV Preeminent** from Martindale-Hubbell from 2005-2023;
- America’s Top 100 Attorneys;
- America’s Top 100 High Stakes Attorneys; and
- 10 out of 10 rating from Avvo.
Throughout the years, Mr. Lambrou has travelled the country representing the injured and has also travelled the country to attend legal conferences and continuing legal education causes taught by some of the National Experts in the law. As a result he has earned the title of Diplomate of the National Trial Lawyers a title which is only earned by those attorneys would attend the National Trial Lawyers Summit at least two of the last three years. Mr. Lambrou also serves on the Board of the New York Academy of Trial Lawyers, an organization and advocacy group, that works with the legislature to assist and provide input into pending legislation and soon to be passed laws that are aimed at protecting the victims of accidents and medical malpractice. He currently serves the New York State Academy of Trial Academy as the President-Elect and will be sworn in as President of that Organization on June 22, 2023.
In addition to being a fierce advocate for his clients and being dedicated to the law, Mr. Lambrou also gives back to the community by raising funds for various charitable causes. He also serves on the Board of a 501(c) (3) designated charity as President and CEO. Those charitable causes include charities supporting children with special needs and their families. As a result of that fund raising, Mr. Lambrou was named Humanitarian of the Year by Arms Wide Open at a dinner Gala attended by hundreds.
During the holiday season, Mr Lambrou and his firm participate in toy drives and food Drives. This past November, Mr Lambrou and his team of professionals handed out over 150 turkeys to the people of Brooklyn, New York.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Dental Malpractice, Dram Shop Laws, Informed Consent, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Toxic Mold, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 60% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 30% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1997, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://lllawpc.com/personnel/lambros-y-lambrou-esq/
- Gaby Gibson, cleaning lady that was assaulted by Naomi Campbell, 2006
- $850,000.00 recovery for construction worker injured at a construction site., 2019
- Won appeal against the NYS Medical Indemnity Fund enabling a Brain Damaged Infant to be included in the medical indemnity fund. In the Matter of Irfan v. NYS, Appellate Division Second Department., 2019
- $2,750,000.00 New York- multi-million dollar recovery in a pedestrian knockdown case after jury selection., 2020
- $1,000,000.00 settlement in wrongful death medical malpractice case. New York., 2019
- Recovered $850,000.00 for a child, for injuries sustained from the medical malpractice of two hospitals and a pediatrician., 2018
- Recovered $1,000,000.00 for a plaintiff you sustained serious injuries when his car was rear ended by a New York City Parks Department vehicle., 2018
- Stylianou v. Calabrese.$570,000.00 Verdict, Auto Accident, as seen in the New York Jury Verdict Reporter, Stylianou v. Calabrese et. al., Supreme Queens, J. Golia. After a lengthy trial, a Queens County jury, returned a verdict in favor of Mr. Lambrou’s client in the amount of $570,000.00 for injuries arising out of a motor vehicle accident. During the course of the trial the defendant, called numerous medical witnesses to testify that the plaintiff’s shoulder injury and resulting surgery were not caused by the subject accident. With only one medical witness, the plaintiff’s treating Orthopedic Surgeon, Mr. Lambrou was able to persuade the jury otherwise and the jury awarded $570,000.00 to the plaintiff. The applicable insurance policy had a $100,000.00 limit and after the appeal was lost, the defendant’s insurance carrier settled the matter for several multiples of the policy limits fearing a bad faith litigation
- $3,866,000.00 Recovery in an infant birth trauma case in Kings County Supreme Court. The settlement negotiated included a payout of $7,000,000.00 to an infant that was brain damaged at and around birth by the malpractice of an OB/GYN. This matter resolved just prior to jury selection., 2016
- $1,125,000.00 Recovery in a scaffolding accident case in Supreme Court Queens County. After selecting a jury and starting a trial, the defendant’s folded and settled the case involving an injured worker. After jury selection and 2 days of trial, this matter resolved for $1,125,000.00, before Justice Ritholtz, Supreme Court Queens County.
- $1,000,000.00 Verdict, A Wrongful Death Medical Malpractice New York Jury Verdict Reporter, Sergi v. Tankel et. al. Supreme Kings, J. Hall. At the time of this outcome Mr. Lambrou was only practicing law for 3 years was only 28 years old. This case included the testimony of 5 medical experts and lasted nearly three weeks.
- $850,000.00 verdict- Dragonetti/Cicolello v. Peloro. After nearly two weeks of a hard fought trial before Justice Lawrence Knipel, that included the testimony of 8 experts, in a case that was turned down by several other attorneys, Mr. Lambrou persuaded a Kings County jury that the medical malpractice of two Internal Medicine doctors was a substantial factor in the death of a 57 year old morbidly obese smoker of 40 years from lung cancer for their failure to suspect and diagnose her cancer earlier. The jury was persuaded to also award the family $850,000.00, which, with interest, approached $1,000,000.00. After the verdict the matter settled. Published in the New York Jury Verdict Reporter., 2012
- $6,000,000.00 Recovery for an individual catastrophically injured when he was struck by a truck. This matter resolved after a long fought litigation and after a week long jury selection. Supreme Court Kings Court., 2013
- $1,975,000.00 Recovery for the Estate of a man that died as a result of malpractice in Suffolk County., 2013
- Terezis v. NYH&HC., $1,306,000.00 Recovery in a medical malpractice case against New York City Health & Hospitals Corporation, in a difficult medical malpractice case on the eve of trial in the New York Supreme Court, New York County. The settlement was deemed an “exceptional result” by the Honorable Justice Douglas E. McKeon in a decision published by the Court, 2012
- Reed v. Neighborhood Partnership Housing Development Fund Company, Supreme Kings, Judge Donald Scott Kurtz, Settlement immediately prior to jury selection
- $2,750,000.00 Recovery in an infant birth trauma case in Queens County Supreme Court. The settlement negotiated included a payout of $14,300,000.00 ($5,800,000.00 guaranteed) to an infant that was brain damaged at birth by the malpractice of an OB/GYN and the Hospital. This matter resolved during jury selection against a major metropolitan area hospital., 2012
- $995,000.00 recovery in a professional malpractice case against a Architect that failed to design a building in conformity with the applicable zoning regulations., 2017
- Sole presenter at a Continuing Legal Education Course on the use of focus groups and jury selection for the Nassau County Bar Association., Sole Presenter, CLE on Jury Selection and Focus Groups, Nassau County Bar Association, Legal Industry, 2022
- , President- Elect, New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, 2023
- Selected by the National Trial Lawyers as the President of the Top 25 Medical Malpractice Trial Lawyers specialty association 2020-2022., President, National Trial Lawyers - Top 25 Medical Malpractice Trial Lawyers, 2022
- Selected to the Hofstra Law Review, Law Review, Hofstra University, 1995
- Selected to the Multi-million Dollars Advocates Forum an honor only given to those lawyers that resolve a case or cases for multi-millions., Multi-million Dollar Advocates Forum, Top Trial Lawyers in America, 2017
- Selected again, through a rigorous process, at Top One Percent by National Association of Distinguished Counsel, Nations Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2019
- Rising Stars of Super Lawyers Magazine, 2010 - 2012
- Lifetime Charter Member of Best Attorneys in America. Rue Ratings., Best Attorneys of America Lifetime Charter Member, Rue Ratings; Best Attorneys of America, 2022
- Received an A+ in Torts I & Torts II and Hofstra University School of Law, 1995
- Top 1% Trial Counsel Medical Malpractice, Top 1% Trial Counsel for Medical Malpractice in New York, medmalpractice.org, 2017
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100, Top 100 Trial Attorneys, National Trial Lawyers, 2022
- Bestowed this honor for 17 years straight., AV peer review rated by Martindale Hubbell, Martindale Hubbell, 2022
- National Trial Lawyer Top 40 under 40., Top 40 under 40, The National Trial Lawyers, 2012
- Super Lawyers New York Metro Edition, 2013 - 2022. Ten years., Super Lawyer, New York Metro Edition Super Lawyers, 2022
- Top 10 Attorneys National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys., Top 10 Attorneys in the State, National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2022
- President Elect - NYS Academy of Trial Lawyers, 2023
- Eagle Member - Florida Justice Association, 2023
- President - National Trial Lawyers - Top 25 Medical Malpractice Trial Lawyer., 2020
- Member, Board of Directors, New York State Trial Lawyers Academy, 2011- Present
- Advocate, National Trial Lawyers Summit, 2019
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Advocate of the National College of Advocacy, American Association of Justice.
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Member, Judiciary Committee New York City Bar, 2012- 2015
- Temple University LLM in Trial Advocacy anticipated 2023, 2023
- Graduated Hofstra School of Law. Member of the Law review and A+ in Torts I & Torts II, 1997
Office location for Lambros Y. Lambrou
New York, NY 10006
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2012