Laura A. Brevetti
Top rated White Collar Crimes attorney in New York, New YorkLaw Offices Laura A. Brevetti
Laura A. Brevetti, the founder of the Law Offices of Laura A. Brevetti, represents clients who are charged with complex white-collar criminal matters in New York City and the surrounding areas. She has almost 40 years of experience as a prosecutor and criminal defense attorney. She also handles complex civil litigation matters.
Over her career, Ms. Brevetti has earned the high regard of her fellow professionals, and this includes an AV Preeminent* rating through Martindale-Hubbell. This rating is peer-reviewed and is only given to attorneys who meet the highest standards of skill and ethics in the legal profession. She has also been recognized as a Top Rated lawyer and Women Leader in the Law. Ms. Brevetti began her legal career as a prosecutor and quickly rose through the ranks of the United States Department of Justice to become one of the top federal prosecutors in the organized crime strike force. As a prosecutor, she won convictions of members of New York's organized crime families, financiers, Wall Street bankers, politicians and business owners. One former mob member noted in his popular biography that she was the prosecutor he feared the most before his arrest.
In the past past 25 years, Ms Brevetti has built a highly respected and successful white-collar criminal defense and business litigation practice. She is a superbly skilled, tenacious, and zealous advocate for her clients. Ms. Brevetti also has experience as a General Counsel to a NYSE-listed corporation, managing attorneys and outside law firms, conducting internal investigations, advising the Board and CEO, and responding to government and SRO inquiries. In her practice, she regularly represents individual and corporate clients in investigations, at trial and arbitration; conducts for businesses complex internal inquiries of alleged bribery, fraud and other legal and ethical violations; advises management on compliance and governance issues, and crisis management; and defends individual and corporate clients facing government and SRO enforcement investigations and actions in securities and other areas. She completed her undergraduate education at Barnard College and legal education at Georgetown University Law Center.
Active in the legal profession, Ms. Brevetti is a fellow Litigation Counsel of America and a member of the New York Council of Defense Lawyers. She is admitted to practice law before the state courts of New York, the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York,and the United States Supreme Court.
Practice areasCriminal Defense: White Collar, Business Litigation
Criminal Law - Federal, White Collar Crime
First Admitted: 1977, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.brevettilaw.com/profile-experience
- Barnard College of Columbia University, A.B.
- Member, New York bar
- U.S. Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Member, Association of former Eastern District federal prosecutors
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Member, New York Council of Defense Lawyers
- During her tenure as the General Counsel and chief legal officer of a $1B NYSE-listed corporation, The Financial Times choose her legal department as one of the ten most innovative in-house legal teams in North America
- Selected past five years, a Women Leader in the Law Honoree (ALM as published in New York Magazine) and a Top Lawyer in New York (the Legal Network)., 2021
- Super Lawyer in the specialty of white-collar defense, SuperLawyers, 2021
- Top Lawyers in New York (Highest in Ethical Standards and Professional Excellence) — Showmark Media, NY Legal Community, 2021
- , New York's Women Leaders in the Law, ALM publishing, 2021
- AV Preeminent rating- Martindale-Hubbell, Martindale Hubbell, 2021
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- , Lawyers of Distinction, Publisher, 2021
- AV Preeminent rating in Securities Law — National Law Journal
- The Trial Lawyer Honorary Society
- Financial Services
- Public And Small Corporations
Office location for Laura A. Brevetti
575 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10022
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2013, 2016 - 2023