Top rated employment & labor attorney in New York, New YorkFisher Taubenfeld LLP
Practice Areas: Employment & labor, Employment litigation, Class action & mass torts; view more
Licensed in New York since: 2006
Education: Brooklyn Law School
Fisher Taubenfeld LLP225 Broadway
New York, NY 10007 Visit website
Liane Fisher is a founding, senior partner at Fisher Taubenfeld LLP, in New York City and focuses her practice on resolving workplace disputes. She previously ran a boutique law practice, representing employees in sexual harassment, discrimination and wage and hour violation cases. Before that, she worked at a nationally recognized employment law firm, where she successfully represented employers in similar types of litigation. Her experience on all sides of employment law gives her a balanced perspective when counseling her clients.
On top of the representation that she provides to employees, Fisher also counsels several small and mid-size businesses in the New York area, helping them develop employee handbooks and providing legal guidance to management. She also helps companies design and implement strategies to avoid litigation. She serves as general counsel for a marketing firm in New York City and a boutique hotel in Brooklyn.
Fisher is a legal advisor for Whine & Dine Human Resources Networking Group and serves on the board of directors for Corporate Wellness Management. She enjoys lecturing on employment law at local law schools, providing a real-world perspective to students and providing employment law training to the staff of not-for-profit organizations.
Fisher earned her Juris Doctor at Brooklyn Law School, where she won the Judge Doris A. Thompson and Edward Thompson Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy. She earned her undergraduate degree in business administration from The George Washington University.
Her professional affiliations include membership in the New York State Bar Association, the New York County Lawyers' Association, the New York Chapter of the National Employment Lawyers Association and the New York Women's Bar Association. Fisher is admitted to practice in New York state and federal courts.
Practice areasEmployment & labor: employee, Employment litigation: plaintiff, Class action/mass torts: plaintiff, Employment litigation: defense
Employment law - employee, Wage & hour laws, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment, Labor law, Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Employment law - employer, Class actions
- 40% Employment & labor: employee
- 30% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 20% Class action/mass torts: plaintiff
- 10% Employment litigation: defense
First Admitted: 2006, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.fishertaubenfeld.com/Attorneys/Liane-Fisher.shtml
- Guest Lecturer at various New York based Law Schools, Fisher enjoys teaching Employment Law with a Real World Perspective
- The George Washington University, B.B.A., Cum Laude
- Judge Doris A. Thompson and Edward Thompson Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy
- 2017 Thomson Reuters Annual Sales Meeting - Customer Panelist
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Member, New York Chapter, National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA-NY)
- Member, New York County Lawyers Association
- New York State
- Member, New York Women's Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Member, Board of Directors for Corporate Wellness Management
Office location for Liane Fisher
New York, NY 10007
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2018
Additional sources of information about Liane Fisher
Find me online
- Workplace sexual harassment: Don't make these mistakes as a victim https://t.co/OGUYx3SGsW https://t.co/y1WibKCqeS
- Arbitrator issues ruling in teacher pay case https://t.co/nEMCzjgNyr https://t.co/JXEILUVMWc
- Uber and Lyft addressed by Labor Department in proposed rule https://t.co/W6yPWRnCO6 https://t.co/pw1KdJAQYU