Top rated real estate attorney in New York, New YorkNadel & Ciarlo, P.C.
Practice Areas: Real estate, Business litigation; view more
Licensed in New York since: 1989
Lorraine Nadel, Founding Partner of Nadel & Ciarlo, P.C., has been providing zealous representation for her clients in New York City, including Manhattan, for more than 25 years. She focuses her practice of law in the area of real estate, providing representation to both commercial and residential real estate clients.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Nadel completed her undergraduate education, graduating with honors in accounting and finance from Boston University. She then worked as an accountant with a top-rated accounting firm, earning experience that has brought a significant level of understanding to her work in complex real estate transactions. She then matriculated at the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, where she graduated with her Juris Doctor.
Ms. Nadel is licensed to practice law before all of the state courts of both New York and New Jersey. She is additionally admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York. Ms. Nadel's depth of legal knowledge is well-recognized, and she is regularly quoted in publications such as The New York Times, People magazine, New York magazine, Time Out magazine, and numerous other media outlets. At the forefront of complex real estate litigation, Ms. Nadel's firm has been cited on multiple occasions in the New York Law Journal for its precedent-setting work.
Dedicated to the furtherance of her profession, Ms. Nadel is an active participant in several legal organizations. Her memberships include the New York State Bar Association, the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, the Brooklyn and American bar associations, and the New York County Lawyers' Association.
Practice areasReal estate: business, Real estate: consumer, Business litigation, Business/corporate, Construction litigation: business, Estate & trust litigation
Condominiums & cooperatives, Landlord/tenant, Mortgage & refinance
- 30% Real estate: business
- 30% Real estate: consumer
- 10% Business litigation
- 10% Business/corporate
- 10% Construction litigation: business
- 10% Estate & trust litigation
First Admitted: 1989, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.nadelassociates.com/Attorneys/Lorraine-Nadel.shtm...
- "Resident Rights: Knowing Them, Upholding Them". Cooperator News New York. June 2017.
- “New Round in Divorce of Minnelli”, New York Times, 9/9/2006
- “Stores Go Dark Where Buyers Once Roamed.”, New York Times, 7/21/2009
- NBC Channel 4, 6:00 News, Television appearance and related article “Manhattan Stores Closing Up Shop”, 7/21/2009
- “New York’s Women Leaders in Law.” New York Magazine, years 2008, 2009 and 2010
- "In The Matter Of Double J. Partners, LLC v. FORTE" New York Law Journal – November 19, 2010.
- “How an Airbnb guest is staying in an apartment for months rent-free”, ABCNews, 7/22/2014.
- “Million-Dollar condo owner allegedly running illegal bed-and-breakfast”, New York Post, 5/20/2015
- “Hold the burger smell please”, New York Times 8/23/2015
- 1BR Apt. Downtown, Fraught with Risk: What to know before listing your apartment with Airbnb”, Super Lawyers, 10/2/2016.
- "How Long Can My Building Keep Scaffolding Up?" The New York Times September 6, 2022
- "Dealing with Conflict in Co-ops and Condos: Noises, Odors, & Leaks: Oh My!" Cooperator News New York, June 2022.
- “Surviving Divorce: A Guide for Family Businesses and Charities”, The Financial Times, 6/15/2021 Ms. Nadel lent her expertise to an article covering high-profile divorces
- "Gyllenhaal v. Mark Family Realty LLC., et al.," People, 9 Oct 2006 and New York Post, 9 Oct 2006.
- "How to find an Apartment: Wait Until May," TimeOut New York, 28 Apr 2011.
- Liza Minnelli v. David Gest, Press Report, New York Post, 19 Jan 2007; Washington Post, 18 Jan 2007; New York Post, 26 September 2006; New York Daily News, 26 September 2006; New York Post, 14 September 2006.
- NBC Channel 4, 6:00 News, Television appearance and related article "Manhattan Stores Closing Up Shop", 21 July 2009.
- Interview with BBC. "New York Real Estate." BBC, 21 July 2009.
- "Real Estate Interests Help Cuomo Gain a Big Edge in Cash," New York Times, 28 Jan 2010.
- "Stairway to Heaven", New York Times: Ask Real Estate, 14 Feb 2014.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, New York County Lawyers' Association
- Member, Brooklyn Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1989
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1989
- New York, 1989
- Cobblestone Advisory Group LLC v. The Lembi Group Partners LLC, 2011 WL 5881187 (S.D.N.Y. November 22, 2011)
- Pello v. 425 E. 50 Owners Corp, Press Report: New York Law Journal 4/09/2008
- Wang v. Lee, 110 A.D.3d 1060 (2nd Dept. 2013)
- Double J. Partners, LLC v. Forte, 111451/10, Press Report: New York Law Journal 12/3/2010
- Lovelace v. Krauss, 115548/07; Supreme Court Appellate Division First Department, 3/31/2009; Press Report: New York Law Journal 4/2/2009
- Jablonski vs. Trost, et al., 14 A.D.3d 484; 788 N.Y.S.2d 158 (2nd Dept. 2005)
- Real Property Case Chatwin v. Chatwin, New York Law Journal, Court Decisions Section, April 11, 2001
- Rosenblum v. Glogoff, 96 A.D.3d 514 (1st Dept. 2012)
- C.Y. v. H.C., Press Report: New York Law Journal 6/12/2007; 2007 NY Slip Op 51234(U) [16 Misc 3d 1102(A)] Decided on May 30, 2007 Supreme Court, New York County
- Litigator, New York Law Journal, November 20, 2000
- Boston University, B.S. cum laude, Major: Business Administration, 1983
- Author, What to Know Before Buying an Apartment or Townhouse in Manhattan, http://www.amazon.com, 2013
- Guest Speaker, Landlord/Tenant & Real Estate Litigation, Guest Speaker, Manhattan Brownstone Revival Coalition's Annual Brownstone Market Seminar
- All Commercial And Residential Real Estate Disputes And Litigation. Construction Access
- Alteration And Lease Agreements And Disputes. Co-ops And Condos
- Commercial And Residential Landlord/Tenant Litigation
- Contract & Construction Litigation
- Deed & Title Issues
- Partition Actions
Office location for Lorraine Nadel
527 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022