Loryn P. Riggiola
Top Rated Construction Litigation Attorney in New York, NY
Loryn P. Riggiola is a partner at Zetlin & De Chiara LLP, and represents clients in New York, New York, and the surrounding areas. Her practice is focused on matters of construction law including bidding disputes, commercial disputes, contract disputes, public and private sector projects, and defect and delay claims.
After earning a Bachelor of Science from Ramapo College of New Jersey, Ms. Riggiola moved on to earn her law degree. She graduated with her Juris Doctor from Seton Hall University School of Law and is now admitted to practice in the District of Columbia, New Jersey and New York. Along with those states, she is admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Columbia, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York and the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
In 2020, she was included into the list of the Best Women in Business by NJBIZ and list of Outstanding Women in the Building Industry by the Women Builders Council. Ms. Riggiola was selected for inclusion into the Best Lawyers in America list, and for her high ethical standards and long list of successful results, she holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Ms. Riggiola is an active member of the local legal community. Past president of the Design-Build Institute of America’s NY-Tri State Metro Area, she is currently General Counsel for the Women Builders Counsel and a member of the District of Columbia Bar, the New York State Bar Association, the New Jersey State Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Loryn P. Riggiola
First Admitted: 1988, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.zdlaw.com/professionals-loryn-p-riggiola
- Design Build Institute of America, NY-Tri-State Metro Area, Past President
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- Women Builders Council (WBC) - General Counsel
- New Jersey
- New York
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- New Jersey State Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- The District of Columbia Bar Association - Member
- , “Leading Lady” The Mann Charitable Foundation
- Outstanding Woman in the Building Industry, Women Builders Council, 2014
- , Best 50 Women in Business, NJBIZ, 2020
- , Super Lawyers
- , Leading Ladies, Real Estate Weekly
- , One of 2020's Best Women in Business, NJBIZ
- Martindale-Hubbell®* AV rating
- Commercial Litigation, Best Lawyers
- Ramapo College of New Jersey, B.S.
- Presenter, What Does Design Build Mean in New York State?, Design Build Institute of America (DBIA), 2013
- Speaker, Healthcare Master Builders Forum, The New York Building Congress, The American Council of Engineering Companies of New York, The Steven L. Newman Real Estate Institute and Real Estate Weekly, 2014
- Co-Author, Linking In to a New Source of Evidence in Commercial Disputes, New Jersey Law Journal, 2014
- Social Media: From Computer to Courtroom, The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, 2013
- Co-Author, The Use (and Misuse) of Emails in the Construction Industry, New Jersey Law Journal, 2016
Last Updated: 3/25/2022