M. Todd Parker
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in New York, NY
Selected to Rising Stars: 2013 - 2016
M. Todd Parker is an attorney and founding partner of Parker Pohl LLP, in New York, New York. Mr. Parker practices complex business and employment litigation, representing individuals, businesses and financial institutions in the greater New York City metropolitan area.
In his more than a decade of legal practice, Mr. Parker has resolved employment and business disputes in state and federal court, as well as through mediation, arbitration and other alternative dispute methods. In addition to his skills as a litigator, he also advises his clients on various business and employment strategies within the workplace environment.
Mr. Parker has written and published numerous articles for journals and professional publications, including the Duke Journal of Comparative & International Law, the Saint Louis University Law Journal and the UC Davis Journal of International Law & Policy. One of his law review articles has been cited in briefs before the Supreme Court of the United States and even overseas courts. He is active in his legal community and belongs to the New York City Bar, the New York American Inn of Court and the Federal Bar Council.
Prior to founding Parker Pohl LLP, Mr. Parker clerked for a federal judge and served as a staff attorney for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit. He also previously practiced law at a New York City litigation boutique.
Mr. Parker earned a bachelor’s degree in philosophy and religion from Truman State University and a master’s degree in theology from Covenant Theological Seminary. He went on to graduate cum laude from Saint Louis University School of Law, where he was a member of the Saint Louis University Law Journal. He holds a license to practice law before all New York state courts, the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Second and Eighth Circuits.
About M. Todd Parker
First Admitted: 2006, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.parkerpohl.com/todd-parker
- Business litigator by Super Lawyers Magazine every year since 2013, Rising Star
- Super Lawyer, 2017-2020
- The Freedom to Manifest Religious Belief: An Analysis of the Necessity Clauses of the ICCPR and the ECHR, 17 Duke Journal of Comparative & International Law 91 (2006). The Freedom to Manifest Religious Belief has been cited in amicus briefs filed in the United States Supreme Court and in the Constitutional Court of the Republic of Indonesia, as well as in other law review articles. “Review and Reconsideration”: In Search of a Just Standard of Review for Violations of Article 36 of the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations, 12 U.C. Davis Journal of International Law and Policy 225 (2006)
- Saint Louis University Law Journal, Saint Louis University School of Law
Pro bono/Community Service
- Advisory Committee, All Angels’ Church
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- New York
- New York American Inn of Court Federal Bar Council New York City Bar Association
- J.D. 2005, Saint Louis University School of Law; M.A. 2001, Theological Studies, Covenant Theological Seminary; B.A. 1995, Philosophy/Religion, Truman State University
Last Updated: 5/15/2022