Marc A. Fernich
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in New York, NY
Those accused of committing crimes in New York will hardly find a better advocate than Marc A. Fernich. He handles a full range of criminal defense matters, including serious state and federal felony charges. Many of his clients are of high profile, ranging from politicians to sports figures to rock stars. He has also successfully defended cases involving clients accused of mob ties. At the Law Office of Marc Fernich, Mr. Fernich accepts clients throughout the states of New York and Massachusetts.
Mr. Fernich is renowned for his simplified approach to cases that puts him in charge of each step of the process. He incorporates thorough, aggressive representation with personalized handling of each case, and he has built a reputation of providing stellar client service while minimizing costs. Over the years, Mr. Fernich has become known for solid court presentations that achieve outstanding results for clients facing formidable opposition.
After graduating cum laude from The University of Pennsylvania in 1988 with a Bachelor of Arts in English, Mr. Fernich earned his Juris Doctor in 1991 from Northwestern University School of Law. He is licensed to practice law in New York and Massachusetts. Additionally, Mr. Fernich is admitted to the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York; the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 2nd, 3rd and 11th Circuits; and the U.S. Supreme Court.
With the highest rating of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell, Mr. Fernich has earned the respect of his peers. He has served as director, committee co-chair and amicus curiae for the New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers as well as adjunct professor at Brooklyn Law School.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 80%Criminal Defense
- 10%General Litigation
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Prosecution, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, Appeals, Litigation, Restraining Order
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2022
About Marc A. Fernich
First Admitted: 1992, New York
Professional Webpage: http://fernichlaw.com/profile
- U.S. Courts of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. Courts of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, District of Vermont
- Amicus Curiae Committee Co-Chair -- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New York's Largest Criminal Bar Group
- New York
- Director, New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers – 2012
- U.S. Courts of Appeals, 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. v. DiMattina, 2014 WL 2937928 (2d Cir. July 1, 2014)
- People v. Golb, 2014 WL 1883943 (May 13, 2014)
- Frequent Author and Lecturer on Criminal Justice Topics
- Choate Rosemary Hall, Wallingford, CT – Cum Laude, 1983
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA - B.A. in English Cum Laude, 1988
- Criminal Lawyer of the Year, Institute of Jewish Humanities, 2014
- Award Winning Student Journalist
- New York-Metro Area Super Lawyer – 2009
- Columbia University Scholastic Press Association, National College Gold Circle Award – Best News Feature/Interpretive Profile, “Reinterpreting King’s Vision,” 1989
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV” Preeminent Rating
- The Daily Pennsylvanian/34th Street magazine – Columnist of the Year, 1987-88; Writer of the Year, 1987-88
Last Updated: 5/15/2022