Top Rated Appellate Attorney in New York, NY
Attorney Matthew Gaier is a partner at Kramer Dillof Livingston & Moore in New York, New York. Mr. Gaier devotes his law practice to medical malpractice, personal injury and wrongful death, handling matters of birth injuries, brain injuries, construction accidents and more. He represents clients throughout all five New York City boroughs as well as in Long Island, Westchester and Rockland County.
After graduating with distinction from The George Washington University in Washington, D.C., Mr. Gaier earned his law degree from New York University School of Law. He has been licensed to practice in the state courts of New York since 1987.
Mr. Gaier has been involved in many significant legal cases throughout his career at both the trial and appellate level, several of which have led to million and multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements. One such case resulted in the New York State Court of Appeals affirming the largest judgment awarded to a single individual in the state’s history.
In addition to his practice, Mr. Gaier is passionate about sharing his legal knowledge with others. He co-authors a column in the New York Law Journal and has also presented at seminars and conferences for various organizations. In 2005, he wrote two chapters of “New York Civil Practice: Weinstein, Korn & Miller,” a well-known treatise.
Mr. Gaier has been acknowledged for his accomplishments within the legal realm by several organizations. In 2015, Mr. Gaier was included in a group of the nation’s “Top One Percent” of attorneys by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. Outside of his law practice, he is involved with the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, where he sits on the board of directors.
- 30%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Dental Malpractice, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022
About Matthew Gaier
First Admitted: 1988, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.kdlm.com/About-Us/Matthew-Gaier.shtml
- Board of Directors, New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- New York, 1987
- Member of the Nation's Top One Percent of attorneys by The National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2015
- Weldon v. Long Island Hospital
- Bryant v. New York City Health & Hospital Corporation
- Martelly v. New York City Health and Hospitals Corp.
- Altman v. Alpha Obstetrics & Gynecology PC
- Desiderio v. New York Hospital
- George Washington University, Washington D.C., Honors: With Distinction, 1983
- Gaier’s familiarity with the law finds another audience in the regular column he and senior partner Tom Moore coauthor for the New York Law Journal. Devoted to medical malpractice issues, the column has kept readers abreast of developments in medical malpractice law.
- Gaier has lectured on a variety of subjects for various lawyers’ associations.
- Matthew Gaier authored two chapters in the 2005 revision of the leading treatise, Weinstein Korn Miller, New York Civil Practice.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022