Matthew J. Blit
Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney in New York, NY
Selected to Rising Stars: 2013 - 2015
Matthew J. Blit is a partner in the Levine & Blit, PLLC, law firm. He serves the New York City metropolitan area and dedicates his practice to employment and labor law cases. He has been practicing law since 2000 and is a member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, National Employment Lawyers Association and the New York County Lawyers' Association. He earned his undergraduate degree from St. John's University in 1997 and his Juris Doctor degree from St. John's University School of Law in 2000.
Mr. Blit has built a national reputation for his work against workplace discrimination. He has been profiled by the New York Daily News and has been quoted by several national publications on the issues of employment and labor law. He aggressively defends employees who have been wrongfully terminated and helps them receive what they deserve from their employer.
Negotiated severance packages, personal injury cases, wrongful termination and employment discrimination are all areas of experience for Mr. Blit. He has a proven record as a trial lawyer and has won numerous multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements for his clients. The New York Post described Mr. Blit as a high-powered attorney and he has earned the reputation for aggressively pursuing the best interests of his clients. In another high profile case in New York, Mr. Blit also won a judgment of over $630,000 for back wages for a fashion designer against a former owner of a design company. For his continued success and pursuit of excellence, Mr. Blit is a strong choice for clients in the New York area.
http://www.levineblit.com Matthew J. Blit, Esq., a New York employment law attorney, discusses his experience handling all types of employment cases. Call 212-967-3000 to discuss your case.
About Matthew J. Blit
First Admitted: 2001, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.levineblit.com/attorneys/matthew-blit/
- New York County Lawyers Association
- Member, National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)
- Member, New York State Trial Lawyers Association (NYSTLA)
- St. John's University Alumni
- St. John's University, B.A., 1997
- $4.5 Million Dollar Jury Verdict in Bartley v. The City of New York, 2006
- Mr. Blit also won a judgment of over $630,000 for back wages for a fashion designer against a former owner of a design company
- $4.9 Million Dollar Settlement for an infant who fell out of window, 2007
- Bartley v. The Department of Education, Outcome: $4,500,000.00 - Jury Verdict
- $1.2 Million Dollar Confidential settlement for client that was racially discriminated against, 2008
- $900,001.00 employment discrimination verdict - Wiercinski v. Mangia 57, Inc., et al. Plaintiff was a deliveryman at the defendant's catering company where his supervisor used anti semetic remarks on a continuous basis and management failed to take corrective actions., 2013
Last Updated: 5/15/2022