Top rated medical malpractice attorney in New York, New YorkQueller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool and The Law Office of William A. Gallina, LLP
Matthew Maiorana, a partner with the law firm of Queller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool, LLP, represents his clients in the areas of personal injury and medical malpractice in Manhattan, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, Brooklyn, Long Island and throughout the rest of the state as well as New Jersey. Mr. Maiorana completed his Bachelor of Arts in 1994 at Queens College, part of the City University of New York system, and his Juris Doctor in 1997 at Brooklyn Law School.
Following law school, Mr. Maiorana first began working for the City of New York, defending it against claims made by injured people. His litigation talents made him stand out, and he was soon assigned to defend the city against highly complex matters, including those involving police brutality.
Mr. Maiorana later decided he wanted to advocate for the injured and switched gears to private plaintiff's personal injury and medical malpractice law. In one representative matter, Mr. Maiorana won a jury verdict for an injured police officer in the amount of $4.548 million. In another, he was able to secure a settlement in the amount of $1 million for the family of a man whose inadequate treatment at a hospital resulted in his death from a pulmonary embolism.
A dedicated professional, Mr. Maiorana is an active member of the New York State Bar Association and the New York State Trial Lawyers Association. He is admitted to practice law before all of the courts of New York, before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Dental malpractice, Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis, Informed consent, Animal bites, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 90% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1998, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.quellerfisher.com/medical-negligence-lawyers-new...
- $6 Million- Car Accident
- $3.2 Million - Car Accident
- $4.548 Million verdict on behalf of an injured police officer
- $16.9 Million- Construction Accident – ladder fall
- $10.85 Million – Medical Malpractice – delayed diagnosis of aortic dissection
- $6 Million – Municipal Liability – Queens detective struck by a municipal vehicle while on duty
- $5.05 Million- Bus Accident / Wrongful Death
- $46 Million Verdict- Medical Malpractice- Failure of time intubation
- $13.2 Million Verdict & $8 Million Settlement – Medical Malpractice- child birth injury
- $8.7 Million – Medical Malpractice – failure to diagnose
- $5.5 Million- Car Accident
- $1 Million settlement for the family of a man who died from a pulmonary embolism that was not properly treated by the hospital
- $14.5 Million Verdict – Municipal Liability- for two Queens Detectives shot & killed in the line of duty
- $10.5 Million Settlement – Construction Accident – pipe fell on worker
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Municipal Affairs Award
- Trial Advocacy,New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Lecturer
- Queens College B.A., 1994
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1999
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1999
- New York, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2003
Office location for Matthew Maiorana
New York, NY 10279
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022