Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney in New York, NY
Maya Risman is a partner at the law firm of Risman & Risman P.C., which has its offices in New York, New York. Licensed to practice law in New York since 1997, she is an employment law attorney who specializes in complex employment discrimination claims centered on gender, age, national origin, race, disability, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, retaliation and sexual harassment.
With a Bachelor of Arts degree in international relations from Boston University in 1994, Ms. Risman went on to study law at the Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center in 1997, where she earned her Juris Doctor. In addition to New York, she is licensed to practice before the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
With more than 24 years of experience practicing law, Ms. Risman has immense experience being a civil litigator. She focuses her practice on handling employment-related matters for distressed clients who face discrimination and bias in their workplace. She is a zealous and tireless advocate for her clients’ rights and liberties.
Ms. Risman is a member of The National Employment Lawyers Association’s New York chapter. Providing sound and knowledgeable counsel to her clients, she has a reputation for being dedicated, diligent and professional. She provides tailored and personalized solutions and strategies for each client’s unique case and upholds their interests and needs.
Recognized for her valuable legal contributions, Ms. Risman has an “Excellent” rating on Avvo, accompanied by numerous five-star ratings and reviews from her happy clients. The National Trial Lawyers named her to its list of Top 100 Trial Lawyers, and she has received the 10 Best Client Satisfaction Award by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys.
- 60%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 30%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 10%Social Security Disability
Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Labor Law
- Super Lawyers: 2022
About Maya Risman
First Admitted: 1997
Professional Webpage: https://www.risman-law.com/maya-risman/
- Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers in New York State, The National Trial Lawyers, 2018 - 2021
- Boston University in 1994 with a B.A. in International Relations
- New York State Bar, Member, 1997
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- New York Eastern District Court
- New York Southern District Court
- National Employment Lawyers Association, 2013
- Assisted as a representative of the relators to the U.S. Attorney and NY State Attorney General in securing a $12.9 Million Settlement With The Door For Submitting Fraudulent Cost Reports, 2022
Last Updated: 5/15/2022