Meagan M. Reda
Top Rated Mergers & Acquisitions Attorney in New York, NY
Meagan M. Reda is a corporate attorney focusing on shareholder activism, proxy contests, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance.
Meagan represents and provides strategic guidance to hedge funds and other investors in matters concerning shareholders activism, proxy contests, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and other related matters. Meagan has experience advising shareholder clients regarding Schedule 13D investments in public companies and activist strategies, including proxy contests, withhold campaigns, consent solicitations, settlement negotiations and hostile takeovers.
Meagan has been recognized as a "Recommended Lawyer" in The Legal 500 United States guide for M&A/Corporate and Commercial: Shareholder Activism - advice to shareholders for 2021 and 2020 and previously was recognized as a "Next Generation Lawyer" in the same category in 2019. Meagan has also been recognized as an “Up and Coming” lawyer by Chambers USA in 2021.
About Meagan M. Reda
First Admitted: 2012, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.olshanlaw.com/attorneys-Meagan-Reda.html
- B.A., summa cum laude, Northeastern University, 2008
- Represented Starboard Value in successful and historic 2014 proxy contest at Darden Restaurants for all twelve board seats., 2014
- Represented Starboard Value in successful negotiation of a board seat at Calgon Carbon., 2013
- Represented North Tide in successful settlement agreement for three board seats at Healthways., 2014
- Represented Engaged Capital in proxy contest at Abercrombie & Fitch and successful negotiation of settlement agreement., 2016
- Represented Raging Capital in successful settlement agreement for three board seats at A.M. Castle., 2015
- Represented Starboard Value in successful settlement negotiation for two board seats at LSB Industries.
- Represented Starboard Value in successful campaign for board seats at Office Depot.
- Represented Starboard in negotiating two consecutive settlements for total of four board seats at Wausau Paper.
- Represented Starboard Value in the negotiation of a settlement that placed three directors on the board of Quantum Corporation., 2013
- Represented PW Partners in successful settlement negotiation for three seats on the board of Town Sports International., 2015
- Advised Starboard Value and Oliver Press Partners in connection with the nomination of director candidates for election to the board of Integrated Silicon Solution.
- Represented shareholder group led by Maguire Asset, Francis Capital and Foxhill Capital in 2015 proxy contest at iPass, which resulted in a successful settlement negotiation for three board seats., 2015
- Represented Marathon Partners in successful proxy contest at Shutterfly for two out of three board seats at 2015 annual meeting., 2015
- Represented Barington and Macellum in 2015 proxy contest at The Children’s Place and successful negotiation of settlement agreement., 2015
- Represented H Partners in a successful and unprecedented withhold campaign victory against Tempur Sealy in 2015., 2015
- Steve Wolosky contributed an article entitled “The Role of Activist Funds: Lessons Learned From Darden” for the recent edition of UCLA’s 2015 Private Fund Report: The Role of Activist Funds published by the Lowell Milken Institute for Business and Law Policy. The article details the 2014 ground-breaking proxy battle successfully waged by client Starboard Value to replace the entire board of directors of Darden Restaurants, Inc. The report can be read in its entirety here. Meagan Reda assisted on the drafting of the article., Co-Author, The Role of Activist Funds: Lessons Learned From Darden, 2015 Private Fund Report: The Role of Activist Funds - Lowell Milken Institute for Business and Law Policy UCLA Law School, 2015
- American Bar Association, 2018
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Promoted to partner effective January 1, 2019., 2019
- , Up and Coming lawyer in Shareholder Activism, Chambers USA, 2021
- , Next Generation Lawyer in M&A/Corporate and Commercial: Shareholder Activism - advice to shareholders , The Legal 500 U.S. , 2019
- Recognized in 2020 and 2021, Recommended Lawyer in M&A/Corporate and Commercial: Shareholder Activism - advice to shareholders , The Legal 500 U.S. , 2021
Last Updated: 7/14/2022