Top rated personal injury attorney in New York, New YorkHill & Moin LLP
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Medical malpractice, Products liability; view more
Licensed in New York since: 1981
Education: University of North Carolina School of Law
Hill & Moin LLP2 Wall Street Suite 301
New York, NY 10005 Visit website
Attorney Melisande Hill is a partner with the Hill & Moin LLP law firm in New York, New York. Nationally recognized as one of the country's leading legal advocates, Ms. Hill devotes her practice almost exclusively to personal injury law. She has achieved notable success advocating on behalf of those who suffered an injury or loss in an accident caused by someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Throughout her career spanning nearly 40 years, Ms. Hill has helped secure numerous substantial settlements and awards for those adversely affected by medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, police brutality, dangerous property conditions, construction accidents, motor vehicle and subway accidents, and many other types of preventable tragedies.
Among her most notable successes, she helped secure a judgment of more than $4 million on behalf of a family whose son suffered a skull fracture and brain injury due to a landlord's presumed negligence. She has also negotiated several multimillion-dollar settlements for victims of medical malpractice and construction accidents, as well as numerous other six-figure awards.
In all cases, Ms. Hill provides the compassionate counsel and dedicated support her clients deserve during their most dire times of need, and she has established a reputation for being able to deliver results where other attorneys have failed. Recognized for her success as well as her impeccable professionalism, Ms. Hill holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and she has received numerous other accolades from her peers along with numerous positive testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients.
A 1976 honors graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Ms. Hill returned to her alma mater and obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of North Carolina School of Law in 1979. While there, she served on the school's law review. She is a member of the Virginia State Bar and the New York State Bar Association, as well as the New York State Trial Lawyers Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis, Informed consent, Motor vehicle defects
- 70% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1980, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://hillmoin.com/melisande-hill/
- $10 Million for a premises fall. $6.5 MILLION settlement for medical negligence in treating a stroke patient. OVER $4 MILLION judgment collected for the landlord’s negligence causing a skull fracture and brain injuries to a young boy. $2.5 Million settlement of a malpractice action for medical errors in the delivery of a baby causing brain damage. $2.5 Million settlement for fall on commercial premises. $2.5 Million settlement for an injured party when a ceiling crashed on him. $2.45 Million dollar settlement for a woman struck by a van. $2.25 Million settlement for a retired man injured by a doctor’s error. $2 Million dollar settlement for a slip and fall on ice. $2 Million dollar settlement at trial for a union carpenter, who suffered a crushing arm injury caused by a falling form wall on a Manhattan construction site. $2 Million dollar settlement for a customer injured in a supermarket. $1.9 Million verdict for a construction worker who was struck by a wooden plank and fractured his collarbone. $1.76 Million for a fall in a public school. $1.7 Million for an automobile accident victim. $1.6 Million settlement for worker who fell from scaffold at construction worksite. $1.5 Million settlement of a malpractice action for a brain damaged mother involving medical errors in the delivery of her baby. $1.5 Million settlement for bedsores suffered by a senior after surgery. $1.5 Million award to a woman for nerve damage sustained when a camera tripod fell on her foot. $1.4 Million verdict for a pedestrian struck by a taxi cab. $1.25 Million for a delivery worker injured at the Fulton Fish Market. $1.25 Million for a construction worker when his ladder fell. $1.25 Million settlement for a bicyclist struck by an ambulance. $1.2 Million settlement for a tourist who fell on a broken sidewalk and suffered a serious eye injury. $1.125 million settlement at trial for the pain and suffering of a laborer who fell from a ladder while removing an air duct during renovation of commercial space in Manhattan. $1.2 Million settlement for a tourist who fell on a broken sidewalk and suffered a serious eye injury. $1.075 Million for a laborer injured in a ladder collapse. $1 Million for a worker injured in a scaffolding accident . $975,000 settlement to a construction worker who fell off a scaffold. $900,000 settlement for a construction worker struck by a falling object. $925,000 settlement for 54 year old garage worker injured in a garage floor collapse. $875,000 settlement for a trip and fall on a defective sidewalk. $850,000 settlement for a beverage distributor driver who slipped and fell on snow and ice. $850,000 settlement for a plumber struck by falling bricks at a construction site. $787,500 settlement for a passenger injured in a livery cab accident. $775,000 settlement for injuries sustained in a bus Collision. $750,000 settlement for a New York construction worker who fell down a defective stairway while on the job. $750,000 settlement for a woman who fell on wet stairs. $750,000 award for chiropractic malpractice. $700,000 settlement for a home health aide who fell in the subway. $700,000 settlement for a construction worker’s hand injury. $650,000 to a school bus driver who fell down rotted exterior steps of a school. $650,000 settlement for a medical malpractice claim where a doctor failed to treat an infection. $650,000 settlement for an eye injury caused by a doctor's negligence. $625,000 settlement for an asbestos worker injured when a ladder collapsed. $600,000 for a senior citizen injured when walking by a construction site. $600,000 settlement for a 69 Year old Puerto Rican man struck by construction site door. $600,000 settlement for a martial arts student who suffered an eye injury. $600,000 settlement for a passenger in an automobile accident. $550,0000 settlement for a senior citizen who fell in a bank. $550,000 settlement for a worker who fell through a hole into a basement. $550,000 settlement for a medical malpractice case where a patient was seriously injured due to a hospital error which occurred during surgery. $550,000 settlement after trial for a knee injury suffered during an intersection Collision. $546,000 verdict for the victim of a stairway fall. $525,000 settlement for a painter who fell from a ladder. $515,000 settlement for man injured while at work at New York Sports Club on unleveled elevator. $500,000.00 for a pedestrian struck by a vehicle after his first attorney abandoned his case. $500,000 settlement for a Ukrainian electrician who was struck by a car. $500,000 settlement for a maintenance worker injured when an elevator mis-leveled. $500,000 to a 93 year old woman struck by a truck. $500,000 to a young mother struck by a van. $500,000 settlement for a painter injured in a car accident. $500,000 settlement against a utility company for a sidewalk trip and fall. $500,000 settlement for an eye injury suffered from a falling object on a construction site. $450,000.00 for a worker who fell from a height while making repairs. $450.000 for a bellman who fell at work. $425,000.00 for a construction worker injured while hoisting materials. $425,000 for a Russian Woman who fractured her wrist after falling on the sidewalk. $370,000.00 for a fall on a defective sidewalk during a snowfall. $325,000.00 for a slip and fall on ice. $300,000.00 for a senior who tripped and fell on a raised sidewalk in front of a building. $300,000.00 for a slip and fall on ice after exiting a car. And many, many more... Note: Each settlement or verdict is based on the merits and specifics of the case and your results may vary accordingly.
- Martindale Hubbell Listing Rated AV
- Selected to Super Lawyers, 2016
- Sandy was selected to serve on the highest and most prestigious law journal at the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill. This is a testimony to her excellent legal research and writing abilities. During this time, Sandy also exhibited her ability to quickly understand complex legal concepts and communicate them effectively. Attorney Advertising Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome, Law Review, University of North Carolina School of Law
- Hill & Moin LLP named 2015 Litigator Award Winner. Having been conferred this prestigious National Award, the firm ranks among the Top 1% of all lawyers for: Construction Accidents, Premises Liability and Catastrophic Injury Litigation. , Hill & Moin Receives Prestigious 2015 Litigator Award, Trial Lawyers Board of Regents, 2015, Hill & Moin Receives Prestigious 2015 Litigator Award, 2015
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., With Honors, 1976
- "I was deeply impressed by the actions that you took on my behalf. You gave me hope that I can at least be heard in a city of millions of voices. I was made to feel welcome and honored from the moment that I entered the door of Hill & Moin. With warmth and sincere admiration and thanks." Robert F.
- “I was in an accident when I suffered terrible injuries. I came to Hill & Moin for legal help and they won the case for me. I am very grateful for Hill & Moin’s services. I would recommend Hill & Moin to anyone who has a civil court matter. “ L. Cali
- "I was involved in a car accident. I came to Hill & Moin and I am very grateful. I got more money than I expected and ... they are the best lawyers..." Carmen Madrid
- $2 Million dollar settlement at trial for a union carpenter, who suffered a crushing arm injury caused by a falling form wall on a Manhattan construction site., 2018
- Member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, 1981
- Member, Virginia State Bar
- New York, 1981
- Virginia, 1980
- Sandy successfully litigated a construction site accident case that went on appeal to the highest court in New York State on two occasions, both successfully. The case is often sited by other attorneys who are involved in major construction site accidents. , 2017
Office location for Melisande Hill
2 Wall Street Suite 301
New York, NY 10005
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2023