Melissa T. Billig
Top Rated Construction Litigation Attorney in New York, NY
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012 - 2013
Melissa T. Billig has been a partner with Ingram Yuzek Gainen Carroll & Bertolotti, LLP, in New York, New York, since 2009. She joined the firm as an associate in 2003 and has focused her practice on litigation related to construction and design. Ms. Billig represents architects, engineers, contractors, construction managers and owners throughout the state in matters such as defective construction claims and multiparty contract disputes. She also handles the negotiation and drafting of design and construction agreements and license agreements, and she pursues the resolution of construction disputes both through litigation as well as mediation and arbitration.
After graduating cum laude with a bachelor's degree in 1995 from what was then called the State University of New York at Buffalo, Ms. Billig earned her law degree from Brooklyn Law School in 1998. She is admitted to practice in New York and New Jersey, and before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey. Highly regarded by her peers, Ms. Billig has received an AV Preeminent* rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Ms. Billig is active in the Center for Architecture Foundation and has served as a member of its board of directors, the chair of its development committee and a member of its marketing committee. She provides pro bono legal services for desigNYC and recently authored an article for the New York Real Estate Journal on the benefits to builders of establishing good relationships with the owners and residents of neighboring properties. In addition to her professional activities, Ms. Billig maintains memberships in the alumni associations of her undergraduate and law school alma maters.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Melissa T. Billig
First Admitted: 1998, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.ingramllp.com/index.php/attorneys/melissa_t_billi...
- April 22, 2014, The Building Next Door: Establishing Good Relations Between Neighbors, New York Real Estate Journal
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Center for Architecture Foundation - Board of Directors
- Center for Architecture Foundation - Marketing Committee
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Center for Architecture Foundation - Member
- Center for Architecture Foundation - Development Committee
- University at Buffalo Alumni Association
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- Center for Architecture Foundation - Chair
- Brooklyn Law School Alumni Association
- New York, 1998
- Construction managers
- State University of New York at Buffalo, cum laude, 1995
Pro bono/Community Service
- DesigNYC (counsel), 2010
- Center For Architecture Foundation (Board)
- DesigNYC (Counsel)
- Development Committees (AIA And Center For Architecture Foundation)
- Programs Committee (Center For Architecture Foundation)
Last Updated: 5/16/2022