Melissa T. Billig
Top Rated Construction Litigation Attorney in New York, NY
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012 - 2013
Melissa T. Billig has been a partner with Ingram Yuzek Gainen Carroll & Bertolotti, LLP, in New York, New York, since 2009. Ms. Billig has an active transactional and litigation practice with a specialization in real estate, design and construction matters. She represents owners (commercial and residential), adjoining property owners, developers, architects, engineers, construction managers and contractors, in connection with design and construction agreements, access and license agreements, claims and disputes arising out of breach of contract, professional errors and omissions, defective construction, adjacent construction issues and property damage claims, and dispute resolution, including mediation, arbitration and litigation. Melissa also provides risk, project management and business counseling.
After graduating cum laude with a bachelor's degree in 1995 from the State University of New York at Buffalo, Ms. Billig earned her law degree from Brooklyn Law School in 1998. She is admitted to practice in New York and New Jersey, and before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Highly regarded by her peers, Ms. Billig has received an AV Preeminent* rating from Martindale-Hubbell. Melissa has been selected as a “Rising Star” (in 2012) and “Super Lawyer” (since 2013) by New York Metro Super Lawyers Magazine.
Ms. Billig is active in the Center for Architecture, having served as a member of its board of directors since 2009 and as a chair of its development committee.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 20%Construction Litigation: Business
- 30%Professional Liability: Defense
- 20%Real Estate: Business
- 10%Construction Litigation: Consumer
- 10%General Litigation
- 10%Real Estate: Consumer
Construction Defects, Professional Malpractice - Other, Condominiums & Cooperatives, Litigation
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2013
About Melissa T. Billig
First Admitted: 1998, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.ingramllp.com/index.php/attorneys/melissa_t_billi...
- April 22, 2014, The Building Next Door: Establishing Good Relations Between Neighbors, New York Real Estate Journal
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Center for Architecture - Member, Board of Directors
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- University at Buffalo Alumni Association
- New Jersey, 1998
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- Brooklyn Law School Alumni Association
- New York, 1998
- State University of New York at Buffalo, cum laude, 1995
- Construction managers
- Construction Managers/Contractors
- Design Professionals
- Real Estate Owners (commercial and residential)
Last Updated: 5/30/2022