Michael A. Fruhling
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in New York, NY
Attorney Michael A. Fruhling is a partner with Gersowitz, Libo and Korek, P.C., law firm, which has law offices in New York and East Hampton, New York, as well as Englewood, New Jersey. Recognized nationally as among the top trial attorneys in the U.S., Mr. Fruhling provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout the greater New York City metro and surrounding areas who suffered an injury or lost a loved one as the result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Over the course of his more than 28 years in practice, Mr. Fruhling has recovered millions of dollars in total compensation for individuals and families adversely affected by medical malpractice, defective products, construction accidents, car and truck accidents, unsafe property conditions, sexual abuse, brain injuries and other preventable tragedies. He has gained a reputation for his in-depth legal knowledge and aggressive approach to helping his clients obtain the maximum amount of finances for the damages they suffered, and he has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers.
Among his most notable accolades, Mr. Fruhling is AV Preeminent peer-review rated* through Martindale-Hubbell and has a Top 100 Trial Lawyers designation from the National Trial Lawyers. The National Association of Distinguished Counsel has named him among the Nation's Top One Percent, and New York Magazine has featured him as one of the Top-Rated Lawyers in the New York Area. He has also received Superb, 10 out of 10 client ratings on Avvo along with consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America.
A 1988 graduate of Brandeis University, Mr. Fruhling obtained his Juris Doctor from Yeshiva University's Benjamin N. Cardozo Law School in 1991. He holds his license to practice in New York and New Jersey as well as before all U.S. District Courts in New York.
Mr. Fruhling is a member of the American Association for Justice and board member of its New Jersey chapter. He is also a member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, the Association of the Bar of the City of New York and the New York County Lawyers' Association, among his other professional affiliations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
- 70%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
About Michael A. Fruhling
First Admitted: 1992
Professional Webpage: https://www.lawyertime.com/attorneys/michael-a-fruhling/
- 2017 Top 100, National Trial Lawyers
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel, Nation’s Top One Percent
- Selected to the New York Super Lawyers list, 2014-2020
- Best Lawyers in America
- Featured in New York Magazine’s Top-Rated Lawyers in the New York Area
- Awarded with a Superb 10.0 out of 10.0 rating by Avvo
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Super Lawyers
- Alexander Fellow
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- Board of Governors for the New Jersey Association for Justice
- United States District Court for the Western District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New Jersey
- State of New York
- New York County Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Board of Governors- American Association of Justice – New Jersey (AAJ – NJ) (Formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America – New Jersey (ATLA – NJ)), 2014
- Association of the Bar of New York City
- Brandeis University, B.A.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022