Michael B. Palillo
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in New York, NY
- Free Consultation
The founder of Palillo Law, Michael B. Palillo has been tirelessly representing injured New Yorkers for over 35 years.
Mr. Palillo’s practice focusses primarily on personal injury, workers compensation, and wrongful death litigation, along with protecting his client’s civil rights that have been violated.
From his office in lower Manhattan, Palillo’s firm provides representation to clients throughout the greater metropolitan area who have been injured in auto accidents, slip/trip and falls, on construction sites and at work. His firm has help people recover the compensation they deserve, to cover their loss income, medical expenses and other damages.
Mr. Palillo has successfully represented those who’s civil rights were violated, based on discrimination, as well as those who have been victims of police misconduct and excessive force.
Mr. Palillo’s client base is composed of people who have been financially impacted as the result of the negligence or recklessness of other persons or entities. The types of cases that he has worked on during his distinguished career have arisen out of incidents involving truck and other motor vehicle crashes, workplace accidents, premises liability and auto-pedestrian accidents.
Mr. Palillo has been able to obtain millions of dollars in compensation for his plaintiff clients through jury awards, as well as through settlements that he has negotiated with defendants and their liability insurance companies. Some of the representative results that he has achieved have included a $9.3 million jury verdict after a truck accident trial in favor of an elderly woman who suffered a brain hemorrhage and who was left in a permanent vegetative state and a $1.35 million settlement for a union electrician who was injured on a construction site in New York City. Mr. Palillo also represents victims of police misconduct and other civil rights violations.
Admitted to practice in New York since 1984, Mr. Palillo is also admitted to practice in the U.S. Virgin Islands and before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Palillo attended St. John’s University, where he majored in psychology and received a Bachelor of Arts in 1979. He then pursued his legal education at New York Law School and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1983.
- 60%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Civil Rights
- 10%Real Estate: Consumer
- 10%Social Security Disability
- 10%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Police Misconduct, Race Discrimination, Disability, Discrimination
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
About Michael B. Palillo
First Admitted: 1984, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.palillolaw.com/about
- St John's University, New York, New York, B.A. Psy., Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - 1979, Honors: National Honor Society Psychology
- Graduate New York Law School, 1983
- Admitted Pro Hac Vice United States Virgin Islands, 1998
- Admitted United States District Court Eastern District and Southern Districts of New York, 1985
- Admitted New York State Bar, 1984
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Secured recoveries in highly publicized racial profiling cases , 2016
- Admitted Pro Hac Vice US Virgin Island Bar, 2018
- $1.35 Million Settlement Labor Law construction debris multiple ankle surgeries , 2019
- $450,000 Settlement. Motor Vehicle Accident. Non surgical herniated disc, 2018
- $1.3 Million Settlement Trip and fall roadway defect. Fractured ankle/knee surgeries , 2019
- $1.34 Million Awarded by Judge - For women injured when she tripped and fall over a hose on a sidewalk., 2018
- Professionals, Business Owners, 2019
- General Counsel for privately held businesses
- Litigation and Transactional Law, Lawyers of Distinction , 2019
- Represented purchasers and sellers of multimillion commercial and residential properties , 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022