Michael C. Deutsch
Top rated Employment Litigation attorney in New York, New YorkSinger Deutsch LLP
Practice Areas: Employment Litigation, Employment & Labor, Securities & Corporate Finance; view more
Licensed in New York since: 1993
Education: Georgetown University Law Center
Languages Spoken: English, Russian
Singer Deutsch LLP1 Penn Plaza
New York, NY 10119 Visit website
Michael C. Deutsch is the co-founder of Singer Deutsch LLP located in New York City, New York, and in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California. He is fluent in Russian and English and represents clients nationwide from his office in New York City, helping them with legal matters related to:
- Securities litigation
- Employment litigation
- Entertainment law
- U-5 expungement actions
- Enforcement proceedings
- NYSE member disputes
- FINRA arbitrations
- Class actions
Admitted to the New York and New Jersey bars in 1993, Mr. Deutsch earned his law degree from Georgetown Law in Washington, D.C., where he served as the associate editor of the Georgetown Journal of International Law. Prior to that, he finished his diploma in Russian studies from the Moscow State University and then obtained his bachelor’s from Georgetown University. His bar admissions include the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York.
Before beginning his pursuit of law, Mr. Deutsch co-founded a sports agency through which he negotiated several multimillion-dollar contracts for professional ice hockey players across the world. The experience he gained there helps him represent sportspersons in several securities and employment litigation cases he handles today. His diverse clientele ranges from management level individuals to high-profile personalities in the entertainment industry such as models, actors, producers and authors.
An experienced FINRA arbitrator, Mr. Deutsch is an active member of the Public Investors Advocate Bar Association. He is also certified by the National Hockey League Players' Association as a sports agent. Furthermore, he serves on the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute’s Hematologic Oncology Visiting Committee.
Mr. Deutsch is renowned for his legal knowledge and is often invited to be a legal analyst on media broadcasts like the PBS Nightly Business Report, the Fox Business Network and the New York Metro news. He also frequently offers insights for The Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times, the Bloomberg Businessweek, the Investment Dealers’ Digest, Law360, Reuters and various other publications.
Peer-review rated as AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell for his professionalism and high ethical standing, Mr. Deutsch is a skilled litigator who is highly sought after for his legal knowledge on securities and investment fraud matters.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEmployment Litigation: Plaintiff, Employment & Labor: Employee, Securities & Corporate Finance
Employment Discrimination, Employment Law - Employee, Securities Law, Sexual Harassment
- 80% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10% Employment & Labor: Employee
- 10% Securities & Corporate Finance
First Admitted: 1993, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.singerdeutsch.com/michael-c-deutsch-new-york-att...
- Board of Directors of Red Star Asset Management
- Michael Deutsch is a member of Team Continuum, Inc., an organization comprised of individuals who run marathons to raise money for cancer patients.
- Arbitrator, FINRA
- NHLPA Player Agent
- Michael Deutsch has been a guest lecturer regarding the NHL Collective Bargaining Agreement at both New York University and Adelphi University.
- Mr. Deutsch has provided insights for a variety of print publications, including, The Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times, Business Week, The Street.com, Investment Dealers Digest, Smart Money, The Deal.com, Law360 and Reuters.
- Mr. Deutsch has appeared as a legal analyst on Fox Business Network. On November 22, 2010, Mr. Deutsch appeared on "Your World With Cavuto" to discuss a breaking insider trading scandal. Mr. Deutsch also appears periodically on WWOR-TV My 9 as a commentator for various legal issues.
- "New York Super Lawyer": 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022
- "Martindale-Hubbell AV Preemininent Rating"
- Mr. Deutsch is designated as a Martindale-Hubbell "AV Preeminent" ranked attorney by his peers in the areas of Labor, Employment, Litigation and Securities Law.
- New Jersey, 1993
- Public Investors Bar Association: Member, 2003 - Present
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- New York, 1993
- New York City Bar Association: Member, 2000 - Present
- National Hockey League Players' Association: Certified Agent, 1994 - Present
- Moscow State University, 1985. Diploma. Major: Russian Studies
- Georgetown University, Washington, DC, 1988, B.A., Major: History
- University of Exeter Faculty of Law, Exeter, England, 1990
- Law Review: Law and Policy in International Business, Associate Editor, 1991 - 1992
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia, 1992, J.D.
Office location for Michael C. Deutsch
1 Penn Plaza
New York, NY 10119
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2023