Michael C. Deutsch
Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney in New York, NY
Michael C. Deutsch is an employment and securities litigator. Within Mr. Deutsch's broad practice, he concentrates on representing employees against investment banks and hedge funds and representing employees and individuals in connection with investigations by FINRA and the SEC. Mr. Deutsch received his B.A. from Georgetown University in 1988 and his J.D. from the Georgetown University Law Center in 1992, where he was an Associate Editor of the Law and Policy in International Business Law Review. Mr. Deutsch, a FINRA Arbitrator, regularly provides commentary for the print media and has appeared on television with regard to employment, securities, and other legal issues.
Areas of Practice: Securities and Commodities Arbitration, Securities and Commodities Litigation, Securities and Commodities Mediation, Securities and Commodities Regulation, Securities Class Actions, Enforcement Proceedings, NYSE Member Disputes, Employment Disputes, Certification/Specialties, Arbitrator, FINRA.
About Michael C. Deutsch
First Admitted: 1993
Professional Webpage: https://www.singerdeutsch.com/attorneys
- Michael Deutsch has been a guest lecturer regarding the NHL Collective Bargaining Agreement at both New York University and Adelphi University.
- Mr. Deutsch has provided insights for a variety of print publications, including, The Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times, Business Week, The Street.com, Investment Dealers Digest, Smart Money, The Deal.com, Law360 and Reuters.
- Mr. Deutsch has appeared as a legal analyst on Fox Business Network. On November 22, 2010, Mr. Deutsch appeared on "Your World With Cavuto" to discuss a breaking insider trading scandal. Mr. Deutsch also appears periodically on WWOR-TV My 9 as a commentator for various legal issues.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Michael Deutsch is a member of Team Continuum, Inc., an organization comprised of individuals who run marathons to raise money for cancer patients.
- Mr. Deutsch is designated as a Martindale-Hubbell "AV Preeminent" ranked attorney by his peers in the areas of Labor, Employment, Litigation and Securities Law.
- Moscow State University, 1985. Diploma. Major: Russian Studies
- Georgetown University, Washington, DC, 1988, B.A., Major: History
- University of Exeter Faculty of Law, Exeter, England, 1990
- Law Review: Law and Policy in International Business, Associate Editor, 1991 - 1992
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia, 1992, J.D.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022