Michael F. Bachner
Top Rated White Collar Crimes Attorney in New York, NY
A solid and strategic defense is imperative to protecting someone's future, and no one knows that better than Michael F. Bachner. Mr. Bachner is the founding and lead trial attorney and Manhattan based Bachner & Associates, PC. He devotes his time to representing clients who face serious criminal charges, in both Federal and State Courts. Mr. Bachner has successfully defended clients being charged or investigated for a wide range of white-collar criminal offenses, securities related charges, violent crimes and narcotics trafficking and manufacturing.
Known for his exceptional work, Mr. Bachner is often featured on Fox News, CNBC, truTV, or in local and national press. He has shared his legal experience with others through publishing an article in the New York Law Journal. He also regularly acts as a guest lecturer, speaking with students at both law schools and business schools in the area.
As a testament to his outstanding career, Mr. Bachner holds an Avvo "Excellent" rating; he has earned the highest rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell; and he has been listed in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100. Mr. Bachner has been selected to the New York Metro Super Lawyers list every year since 2007.
Mr. Bachner is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit.
In 1978, Mr. Bachner received a Bachelor of Arts in criminal justice from Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, where he attained a Phi Beta Kappa certification, and then earned a Juris Doctor in 1981 from the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University. At Hofstra, Michael was selected as the Professor's assistant in Criminal Law, and presently instructs there and at other law schools on a voluntary basis in Trial Techniques.
Prior to serving clients through private practice, Mr. Bachner served under the Hon. Robert Morgenthau in The New York County District Attorney's Office as a narcotics prosecutor and then as a Deputy in the Rackets Bureau. Thereafter, he gained valuable experience serving as in-house counsel for a nationally known securities company. Both experiences gave Mr. Bachner critical insight into how criminal proceedings and high-level issues work. He brings that knowledge to his firm today, where he has a reputation as a fierce litigator.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 30%Criminal Defense
- 20%Securities Litigation
White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Debt, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Failure to Pay Child Support, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Overdrawn Bank Account, Parole, Probation, Prosecution, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About Michael F. Bachner
First Admitted: 1982, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.bhlawfirm.com/Attorneys/Michael-F-Bachner.shtml
- Super Lawyers, 2007 - 2022
- AV Preeminent Rating, 2008 - 2022
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- American Collage of Trial Lawyers
- Author, Asking SEC About Parallel Criminal Probes, Information Sharing
- Securities Industry Professionals
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ., B.A. in Criminal Justice, Honors: Phi Beta Kappa, 1978
- New York, 1982
- New Jersey, 1982
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1982
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1982
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1982
- Associate Vice President and Assistant General Counsel for Prudential Securities
- New York Council Of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- @AmandaLarreni Anyone on the Bachelor is an idiot on every degree
- Under the proposed Louisiana law that life starts at conception, could a pregnant woman who drinks or smokes or doe… https://t.co/GWjVhEukL0
- Ways to challenge breathalyzers https://t.co/ruJ9UwMfYz
- For any person who Is against the woman’s right to choose, I ask you, how many foster children have you adopted?
- New York has toughest laws against unregistered guns https://t.co/nNPJRdVsXh
Last Updated: 5/15/2022