Michael F. Kremins
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in New York, New YorkRaskin & Kremins, LLP
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Construction Litigation; view more
Licensed in New York since: 1981
Education: Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
Raskin & Kremins, LLP160 Broadway
New York, NY 10038 Visit website
A senior partner at Raskin & Kremins in New York, New York, Michael F. Kremins provides sound legal counsel to clients, with over four decades of experience in the legal field. His focus areas include personal injury and civil litigation matters, including, but not limited to:
- Construction accidents
- Car accidents
- Premises liability
- Workers’ compensation
- Employment discrimination
- Police brutality
- Commercial litigation
Mr. Kremins is a compassionate and dedicated attorney, striving to bring justice to his clients at every turn. He handles each case with an unwavering commitment to his clients’ needs. Growing up, Mr. Kremins observed all kinds of discrimination, police misconduct and hazardous working conditions, and this influenced him to be a voice for the voiceless, and he fights aggressively for his clients’ rights.
Actively associated with prominent legal organizations, Mr. Kremins has memberships in the American Association for Justice and the New York State Trial Lawyers Association. Being on the Supreme Court Committee of the New York County Lawyers Association, he also served as a board member of the New York City Trial Lawyers Alliance.
In addition, Mr. Kremins was on the Judiciary Committee of the Bronx Bar Association and serves as the judge for Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Competitions at the Supreme Court in Bronx County since 2010. He also serves as the Jewish Lawyers Guild’s president. Being an excellent orator, Mr. Kremins has spoken at several continuing legal education platforms.
Admitted to practice in the state of New York and before the United States Supreme Court and the Federal Court of New York, Mr. Kremins has a bachelor’s degree from the American University and a Juris Doctorate degree from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law. Mr. Kremins has received numerous testimonials from his satisfied clients and has a “Superb” rating on Avvo. He is also included to the list of Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the American Trial Lawyers Association.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Civil Rights, Construction Litigation: Business, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Assault, Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Construction Defects, Discrimination, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Police Misconduct, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 70% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Civil Rights
- 10% Construction Litigation: Business
- 10% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1981, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.raskrem.com/meet-team/michael-kremins/
- United States Supreme Court
- Federal Court of New York
- New York City Trial Lawyers Association, Board Member
- State of New York
- American Trial Lawyers Association, 1997
- New York County Lawyers' Association, Supreme Court Committee, 1997
- Bronx Bar Associations: Judiciary Committee, 1997
- United States Supreme Court, Washington, D.C., 1997
- Association of Trial Lawyers of New York City, 1997
- Judge at Thurgood Marshall Moot Court Competition-Bronx Supreme Court, Bronx County 2005 - present
- American Association for Justice, Justice List, 1997
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, 1997
- All Local, Federal, and State Courts, 1997
- President of the Jewish Lawyers Guild
- Lectured on no-fault insurance law Lectured on deposition tactics and strategy, New York State Trial Lawyers, 2010
- Lectured on litigation practice Lectured on deposition tactics and strategies, New York County Lawyers Association, 2005
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, American Trial Lawyers Association
- Supreme Court, Democratic Judicial Screening Committee, 2006
- Gold Member Award, Universal Cultural Center, 2000
- Recognition for representing victims of 9/11 without fee, Trial Lawyers Care, 2013
- American University, B.A.
- $10,000.000.00 Settlement: Truck Accident - Our firm represented a 6-year-old boy who was struck by truck driving in a negligent manner. The accident resulted in the child suffering serious and permanent brain injury.
- $1,100,000.00 Settlement: Premises Liability - While working as a janitor at a school, our client was severely injured due to the negligence of the City of New York when a large cabinet was caused to fall on him from behind. He sustained injuries to his neck, back, hands, and feet, and required several surgeries.
- $950,000.00 Settlement: Products Liability - While working as a butcher's assistant and using a meat slicing machine, our client was caused to suffer partial amputations of portions of his left thumb, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th fingers. Our firm brought an action against the manufacturers of the machine alleging failure to warn, winning a settlement.
- $1,400,000.00 Verdict: Labor Law/Construction - Our iron worker client was injured on a job site when falling from an unsafe ladder onto the ground, causing serious knee injuries requiring surgery.
- $590,000.00 Settlement: Slip and Fall - Our client was caused to slip and fall on water and grease in the kitchen of the restaurant where he worked due to the negligence of a cleaning company. The cleaning company caused and allowed the dangerously slippery condition to exist. He sustained injuries to his left knee that required arthroscopic surgery.
- $5,000,000.00 Verdict/Settlement: Labor Law/Construction - While working as a laborer/shop steward at a job site, an unsafe scaffold caused our client to fall to the ground, causing serious injuries including multiple back herniations requiring complicated surgery.
- $700,000.00 Settlement During Trial - A blind woman and her companion were seriously injured as a result of New York City Police Department officers' use of excessive force and violation of the clients' Federal and State civil rights.
- $555,000.00 Settlement: Labor Law/Construction - While working as a laborer at a construction site, our client was caused to fall from a scaffold and suffered injuries to his head, neck, and back.
- $600,000.00 Settlement: Labor Law/Construction - Our client, a construction worker, was in a trench digging a foundation at a job site when a wall of dirt fell down on top of him. He suffered a dislocation of his hip and a fractured pelvis, which required surgery.
- $2,225,000.00 Settlement: Front-seat passenger in vehicle was struck from behind by another vehicle. Sustained serious injuries to his cervical spine including two herniated discs.
- $497,965.93 Verdict: Labor Law - While working as a plasterer at a construction site, our client was caused to fall from a scaffold and suffered a broken left knee, which was casted.
- $870,000.00 Settlement: Labor Law/Construction - While working as an electrician at a construction site, our client was caused to fall off an unsecured ladder that has been placed on uneven ground. He sustained serious injuries to his left knee and left ankle, requiring multiple arthroscopic surgeries.
- $375,000.00 Settlement: Motor Vehicle Accident - Our client's vehicle was struck in the rear by the defendant's vehcile while stopped at a red light. He sustained injuries to his neck, back, and shoulder.
- $1,100,000.00 Settlement: Labor Law/Construction - While working as an electrician at a job site and climbing down a ladder, our client stepped off the ladder onto a piece of sheet rock that was hazardously covering a hole, and fell through the hole. He sustained serious injuries to his neck, back, and both shoulders, and required surgery to his neck and left shoulder.
- $300,000.00 Settlement: Slip and Fall - Our client was caused to slip and fall on ice on a sidewalk and suffered a broken ankle that required surgery.
Office location for Michael F. Kremins
New York, NY 10038
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023