Michael J. Firestone
Top rated business litigation attorney in New York, New YorkFirestone Law PLLC
Attorney Michael J. Firestone is the founder of Firestone Law PLLC in New York, New York. Mr. Firestone's practice focuses on business litigation, and he represents clients throughout the New York metropolitan area.
Mr. Firestone is a seasoned litigator and strong negotiator. Over the course of his legal career, he has tried cases in state and federal courts. He has experience with a diverse range of cases, including those involving breach of fiduciary duty, business divorce, contracts, fraud, real estate litigation and securities litigation. In addition to litigation, he also advises business clients on strategy and transactional matters.
Prior to founding his own law practice, Mr. Firestone worked in a variety of different legal roles. He served as counsel to a private New York based law firm and practiced in the litigation departments of Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP and Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft.
Mr. Firestone is an active contributor to his legal community. He is the author of an article published in NY Litigator, a publication of the New York State Bar Association, and a member of the New York State Bar Association’s Commercial & Federal Litigation Section.
After graduating from Queens College with a bachelor’s degree, Mr. Firestone earned his law degree from New York University School of Law. He holds licenses to practice law before all New York state courts, the U.S. district courts for the eastern and southern districts of New York and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Business/corporate
- 90% Business litigation
- 10% Business/corporate
First Admitted: 2004, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.firestonelawpllc.com/bio
- Rising Star, New York Metro Super Lawyers Magazine
- New York Metro Super Lawyers Magazine for Business Litigation
- New York State
- New York State Bar Association, Commercial and Federal Litigation Section
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2d Circuit
- Queens College, B.A., 1999
- A Litigator's Guide to the Management of New York Limited Liability Companies, NY Litigator, Fall 2017
Office location for Michael J. Firestone
641 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10022
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2017